RUNNERS

Options
Is there a reason that in some shorts there is like an underwear type thing inside of it…I find it to be very uncomfortable so I never buy those ones I'm just curious for the reasons behind it.

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    The liner is there to prevent chafing. Its usually polypropylene, and thus dries faster and is more comfortable on a run than cotton or other non-breathable fabrics that regular underwear is usually made out of.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Heh, I guess your thighs aren't that big?

When I used to run a lot my inner thighs would be RAW from all the sweat and skin on skin rubbing. It's protection.

Thigh condoms
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    Some of the shorter ones have it so you can run without your booty showing lol
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Because after experiencing chaffing in some very delicate areas after a long run, I learned that running commando is a far superior option. The liner things in the shorts help prevent chaffing in those delicate areas.
  • SaraLady89
    SaraLady89 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    thanks guys…i'm planning on increasing the amount of days i go jogging, if i stick to it maybe i'll need to buys some.
  • Valerie2138
    Valerie2138 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Glide is a good solution for runners chaffing. You rub it on wherever you need it.. Container looks like deodorant but it's called glide.
  • rmd_fitness
    rmd_fitness Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bodyglide