Any Nutri bullet users out there ??

Options
2»

Replies

• nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I make a green smoothie very often. I add my favored fruit, yogurt, water, a tiny bit of coconut oil and a little bit of greens.

Baby Spinach is so easy to hide, just start out with a little and eventually you can incorporate more as you get used to the taste.

Kale, I still have not mastered hiding kale. Its just sooooooo strong. Romaine without the stems is pretty easy to hide but not as easy as baby spinach.

Other than that I use it for lots of other things too. For instance, I use it as a spice blender (it comes with a milling blade). I also use it to make my "healthy" pancake mix. Which is 1 banana, one egg, 1/2 tsp of baking powder and some vanilla extract to taste.

I also use it to make sherbert. :)

Baby Kale isn't as strong tasting thats what I buy

Other things I add:
    flax seed
    hemp seed
    flax oil
    any fruit
    coconut water

My basic recipe is in my recipes on my page I just edit it when I change things up (usually the fruit changes but everything else generally stays the same)

Mine came with a recipe book (which I stupidly loaned to someone and never got back) but it had recipes for some soups also.
  • nancyluckhurst3
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nancyluckhurst3
    I make a green smoothie very often. I add my favored fruit, yogurt, water, a tiny bit of coconut oil and a little bit of greens.

Baby Spinach is so easy to hide, just start out with a little and eventually you can incorporate more as you get used to the taste.

Kale, I still have not mastered hiding kale. Its just sooooooo strong. Romaine without the stems is pretty easy to hide but not as easy as baby spinach.

Other than that I use it for lots of other things too. For instance, I use it as a spice blender (it comes with a milling blade). I also use it to make my "healthy" pancake mix. Which is 1 banana, one egg, 1/2 tsp of baking powder and some vanilla extract to taste.

I also use it to make sherbert. :)

Baby Kale isn't as strong tasting thats what I buy

Other things I add:
    flax seed
    hemp seed
    flax oil
    any fruit
    coconut water

My basic recipe is in my recipes on my page I just edit it when I change things up (usually the fruit changes but everything else generally stays the same)

Mine came with a recipe book (which I stupidly loaned to someone and never got back) but it had recipes for some soups also.
  • nancyluckhurst3
    Options
    I always use frozen fruit. I even freeze bananas and grapes. No need for ice
    I was wondering about those too. I have the larger model but it makes more of icees and not smoothies. My daughter uses it in the morning and takes it with her to school. Does the smaller version make it any creamier or is it icy? Just curious.

no need for ice if you use frozen fruit - its cold enough - if everything is fresh the ice just makes it colder and more appetizing
  • Niikolina
    Niikolina Posts: 1
    Options
    I LOVE my Nutribullet and have used it every day for the past six months--ever since I got it. I put in a good handful of kale, some flaxseed, chia seeds, goji berries, ceylon cinnamon, hemp seeds, almond milk, coconut water, frozen blueberries, and a couple of frozen strawberries. Because I put so much in, (about a T each of the seeds, 1/2 C each of the coconut water and the almond milk, 1/4 C of the blueberries and goji berries, sliver of ginger, and about 1T each of the seeds) I usually cut back about an inch or so from the max. line so it doesn't overflow. Also, I refrigerate most things and use frozen blueberries and strawberries so it will be cold, like a milkshake. Plus, I drink it with one of those wider straws because it is about as thick as a milkshake too. Anyway, it tastes delicious and I have more energy now than I have had in years. I never felt a single penny wasted on either the ingredients I put in it or the Nutribullet itself. Hope you enjoy your purchase as much as I do.