Skin

Buccinator
Buccinator Posts: 79
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm really not very confident that anything will help much, but what, if anything, is everyone trying to help with their skin while losing weight? Lotions? Vitamins? Toning? I think I'll do all of those. Since I have about 200 pounds (yeah, you read that right, keep a movin') to lose I'm afraid I will have a bunch of loose skin at the end of it all. I'm not going to let it keep me from losing weight, but I'm still a little bummed about it.

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I lost 105lbs 12 yrs ago kept it off for 4 yrs and I didnt have any loose skin at all. But I was going to the gym and doing workouts , bike rides, swimming, walking, treadmill at home the whole time. I think if you do strength training and exercising during the weight lose and dont loose it too fast you will be fine
  • I use lotion but for me I am older and having 2 kids - things are just like they were before lol I know losing slowly and keeping yourself very hydrated is a good thing.
  • Keep drinking lots of water and keep your skin lubricated with lotions such as cocoa butter; however, I recently read something about this (don't remember where) that said that the loose skin issues are more of a problem for people that undergo bypass or lap band surgery due to the rapidity of the weight loss. Lose your weight at a steady moderate pace and work on building muscle at the same time and you'll probably be fine. I know a lot of it can be genetic when it comes to skin elasticity (such as stretch marks, etc...) Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.