TRX

I have seen this at my gym and it looks so intimidating BUT I would like to try it. I have searched on the web for some beginner workouts using the TRX Suspension system but have not been able to find anything. If you can recommend a site where I can see some beginner exercises on the TRX it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• Quinn4A
    Quinn4A Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you!
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    I love TRX!! I use it at least once a week to add a bit of variety to my workouts. At first I was pretty skeptical just using body weight but was amazed at the awesome workout that I get.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    I have one at home and use videos from YouTube.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    fun_trx_wrkout_ideas.jpg

"Sponsored by the Royal Institute of Physiotherapists"
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I use them at my gym. Once you figure out how to balance your body, especially for the ab work, you'll love it. It's a great workout. Not easy but good.
  • Quinn - don't be intimidated.

Every TRX user feels awkward at first due to balance challenges, and it is very important to have an instructor in the beginning to teach you proper form. The exercises can be as easy or as hard as you want to make them due to changing your body angles. I have been working with TRX for over 18 months now, and just love the variety that can be put into a workout. Typically classes 2x/wk and I also received a TRX this past Xmas so I use it 3-4x/wk at home also. It is a terrific workout, but again I think it is quite important to start with a knowledgeable trainer / class so that you don't have bad form and end up hurting or pulling something. Jump into the next class opportunity - identify yourself as a newbie - good luck!!
  • I love TRX at my gym...I usually do squats and lounges and some body pull ups..love it love it.. :)