Advice -- Recovering from Stomach Virus

Options
Hi, MFP community! I have been progressing in my quest to get healthy these last couple weeks. Not perfect, but solid behaviorial changes that I feel good about and that require a fair amount of planning and discipline.

Today I woke up with a raging migraine and a stomach flu that's taken a grave toll on me. I haven't been able to keep food or water down yet, but I'm already having a mini-anxiety attack about how I get back on track.

What advice do you have about how to gracefully and purposefully come back from both nutritional and exercise perspectives??

Replies

• YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what to say other than if your sick and you can't keep track of your food, don't worry about it and focus on getting better. When you feel up to it start keeping track again. No need to force exercise if your body needs rest.

There is no reason to stress about this.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It happened to me last year. I lost 4 lbs and never gained them back!

Just don't worry about sticking to your macros.. Eat toast, grilled chicken, rice, popsicles, saltines. Just have a bit at a time. Then after a day without vomiting you can add more food... just stay away from acid/fatty stuff for a couple days. You'll transition naturally back to more normal foods once your appetite feels better. If anything it's actually easier because you know you can't have any high calorie/fat food.
  • ks_mommaof5
    ks_mommaof5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much - I really needed the reminder that I'm not quitting just because I'm recovering. :)

I hope you both have fabulous day!