Any Suggestions - Pork Picnic Shoulder

Options
knra_grl
knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
I bought a pork picnic shoulder because I want to make split pea soup but of course there is where more than I need for that.

My other thought is a mac & cheese with some of the chopped up meat added.

Besides the obvious omellettes or freezing part of it any other suggestions on how I could use this up?

Replies

• karenefwalsh
    karenefwalsh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just cooked a pork shoulder in the crock pot today. I put a dry rub of spices on it, put it in the slow cooker with a cup of water and let it rip!! We shredded it up and used the broth created in the crock pot as a 'gravy'. I shredded the rest and put it in bags in the freezer. I'll use it later with some BBQ sauce for BBQ pulled pork, or throw it in a pan with taco seasoning to make shredded pork tacos for me and the kids (I'll throw mine on a salad like a taco salad).
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Pork picnic shoulder is the best meat for making sweet & sour pork. Don't coat it, then deep fry it. I just cube it and saute it until it's browned, then drain it, make a sauce and put the cooked meat into the sauce.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    great ideas ty - I need to learn how to think outside the box a little more lol
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am making a soup today out of a shoulder. We roasted it in the oven last night and then today I am making stock and using the pork in the stock with carrots, celery and white beans.