Wow!!! What a weekend!

Options
Why I felt compelled to eat everything in site I will never know! My banana pudding was about 6 inches deep and the barbeque beans with ground beef were off the chain! Couldn't and didn't count a single calorie. Have you ever tried Moscato with Peach Syrup??.....Scrumdelicious! It was all great then, but woke up this morning and crawled to the scale. *sigh* *pout* *sniff* I was tempted to just give up and simply accept that I have no will power. BUT! At lunch today, I didn't have anything in the company fridge but a Lean Cuisine and some grapes. All of a sudden, it clicked. Why give up? I had an over the top 3 day weekend and gained a few that were previously lost. So what:? Today is a new day. I have the knowldge (Thanks, MVP) and the tools (Thanks, MVP) and the support (Thanks MVP) to continue. I avoided coming here today, but now that I have, I am glad that I did. I like to see my weight ticker saying that I lost 6 lbs. Okay, so I may have gained back 2. But guess what, ya'll? I lost 4 lbs!! I'm 4 lbs lighter than I was when I started 3 weeks ago. Whoo hoo! Time to do the happy dance! (wonder how many calories I'll burn doing it??) LOL I'm back on track.

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! Sometimes you need weekends like that so you can learn from the experience. Congrats for being back on track with a passion :smile:
  • reojames
    Options
    I love your attitude! And think about this.... It really does us good to overindulge every once in a while, because it kinda resets your metabolism a touch and kicks it into high gear! So, don't think that you messed up, just think that you reset your metabolism and had a great time doing it!
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I agree great attitiude...I personally feel if you don't take a break from your diet for a day or so every once in a awhile you WILL burn out. I too ate plenty of junk this weekend, but I still log everything so that I can see it's ok to have an off day or weekend, and my world dosen't come to an end....I do have to say when I crawled myself to the scale this morning I was plesently surprised to see I had maintained my weight......but keep up the poitive attitude, and congrats on the 4 pounds=)
  • That's a great way to look at it! We all fall off the wagon sometime and as long as we get back on, then no harm done right? So what if you gained a little....it happens! The important thing is that you had a great weekend! Good luck to you!

Kim
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    Just think of it as a vacation, a few days off to enjoy it all. Now, with it out of the way, you can not only jump back in, but you can do it with a rejuvenated spirit; refreshed and ready to go! I think it's not only acceptable to take a break once in a while, I think it's actually healthy. You can even plan on taking a break at certain points of the journey. With this in mind, look forward to the next break, plan on how much leeway you are going to give yourself, work extra to prepare for it, and then when it comes, whether it's over Thanksgiving, Christmas, or maybe a wedding or what festivities you are enjoying, you can do it right and avoid the guilt.
  • Rivah67
    Rivah67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well done for not giving up. And well done on the loss you have done. And thanks for sharing.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Can you send some of that good spirit this way?

I applaud you for your revelation, you are absolutely right! One bad weekend is not going to undo all your hard work. :flowerforyou:
  • ehwilson30
    ehwilson30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon yesterday too! I've been mopeing around and feeling sorry for myself all day! After reading your post it has really helped me change my attitude! Thanks so much!
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    So glad to have you back!!! You have an excellent attitude!! Do a happy dance because you are 4 pounds lighter. . . and go from there!!!
    You have the perfect attitude!! You can and will accomplish your goals!! :bigsmile: