help with eating

Options
Hey I am having a hard time with my eating as I have no idea what to eat!

I weigh 11st wanting to drop 2 and a half stone.

So heres what im eating up to now

for breakfast porridge , lunch a ham salada (lettuce cucumber sweetcorn boiled eggs etc)

And for dinners im completely stumped!

I like fish tuna chicken beef its jus I don't know what to cook with them

coukd really do with some simple dinner ideas as im quite a plain eater too

thanks in advance!

Replies

• bethiewilliams
    Options
    Stir fries, stews, risotto, omelettes, to mention a few. Lots of veg as basis then meat and either brown rice, quinoa or brown pasta. Any help? Just make it tasty using herbs and spices. There are lots of ideas on here. Search one pot cooking its fab x
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you like. The beauty of calories counting is that there are no rules. It isn't a diet that someone has designed. It's all about you. What do you like to eat? Eat that. Measure it accurately, log it here, try to meet your calorie goal. As time goes on, you'll notice which foods make it harder for you to keep to your calorie goal and which make it easier.

As more time goes on, you can (if you want) pay more attention to getting enough protein, fibre, good fats, vitamins and minerals etc. Again, look at the foods you normally eat anyway, and see which ones make it easier for you to meet goals, and make adjustments as necessary.

I would really, really, really recommend not making massive changes to your diet in the name of "being on a diet" that you're not likely to sustain for very long. Make small, gradual changes that you think you can live with forever. That's the key to being successful (with success meaning not just losing the weight but keeping it off).