1yr on MFP, down 67lbs!

Options
Well it's my 1 year anniversary (or was a week or so ago). Thank you to everyone on this site for making it what it is! I would've struggled much more without the support and advice of MFP'ers. I've come a long way in my journey and am now eating a whole foods plant based diet.

I started a year ago at 270lbs, with fibromyalgia, in pain all the time, walking with a stick, chronic back pain that made it hard to even stand straight, falling asleep every afternoon, dragging myself out of bed every morning, not able to sleep every night... I'm here now with miles of energy, doing exercise classes multiple times a week, lifting weights, feeling great with no back pain or anything else!

My hubby's work dinner dance was almost exactly a year apart... here's the pictures from last year, compared to this year. Enjoy. :flowerforyou:

ab4f83ac-74e4-4ca7-9dfc-8bebe6ae58c7_zps53556fdb.jpg

b5ed91ef-4fda-42e4-86d0-23a21e45ed47_zpsba1f11b2.jpg

Replies

• FabulouslyMade
    Options
    Congrats to you! You look wonderful and I'm so happy no more pain for you!
  • catemb80
    catemb80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    well done, you look stunning and it also looks like the changes you have made have helped hubby lose a bit as well
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I must tell you that you wore 270 well! But you look stunning now too!... Congrats and Im glad you feel better (pain free)!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    You've done so well! I like your hair up, too. :smile:
  • llkdjohnson1
    Options
    I am so happy for you and you encourage me to get where you are today. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making it a year and being able to see the results of all of your hard work. You look amazing! But I agree, you were very pretty before and wore 270lbs well. Looking forward to seeing what you can accomplish in the next year.
  • sjrja
    sjrja Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yay!! well done! Here is to another year of continued good health and happiness!
  • lindalou1980
    Options
    you look amazing girl! congratulations on all your success! :smile:
  • MissSarahAllison315
    MissSarahAllison315 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    LOVE it! You are looking AWESOME! (ALSO loving that you are rocking your height!! Us tall girls gotta rock our inches haha!) Keep up the good work, girl!!!
  • MandyMay
    MandyMay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
    Congratulations!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats! :drinker:
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a wonderful accomplishment!! I have Fibromyalgia too, and understand the extra effort it takes to get things done. You have done wonderful and can be very proud of yourself!! I am really happy that you are feeling so much better. High five!!
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on your successful journey with your weight loss!!! You look terrific!!! Your hubby looks like he lost a few pounds during your lifestyle change too!! You make a very nice looking couple! :flowerforyou:
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats, well done!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great! You must feel great too.
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I never would have guessed 270 in your original photo. You were beautiful in that picture. But you look even better now!!! You can just see the happiness and pride of accomplishment in your face. Great job!!!
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration, my story is very similar to yours and I have just started my MFP journey. I hope I'll do as good as you did!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!