What cardio can be done indoors?

Options
I have no idea on what. Type of cardio exercises I can do. I normally run but that dang hurricane has caused it to rain. Now this is something I have yet to deal with since it never rains in south Texas. And to add insult ilyo injury I have not been good today I had to work in this rain and I slipped and ate junk food today and I feel like I have no way burn this bad food off. Any help y'all could give me would
Be greatly appreciated

Replies

• tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    P90X!! .. well i know that doesn't really help you out right now. Jumping jacks and push ups really get my heart going. Check this chic out on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/charliejames1975 shes always got some good workouts!!
  • crc822001
    crc822001 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can you search for cardio exercises on youtube? I have the Walk Away the Pounds DVD and when I don't want to go out I use that. It's a quick Power Mile. Also, can you be disciplined enough to walk in place briskly during commericals? Just a suggestion.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    If you have a flight of stairs in your house/apartment building, you can walk or run up and down those for a few minutes at a time with walking breaks in between.
  • MMarcordes
    MMarcordes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Any type of calisthenics... push-ups, squats, lunges, jumping jacks, burpees (which are killer) - try this challenge!

http://www.mytrainerbob.com/blog-posts/inside-out-method-genghis-khan-challenge
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I agree...P90X all the way, jump training....but I have to agree with tierra....jumping jacks, running in place, punches in the squat positions, glute kicks ( running in place with you ankles making impact with your glutes), jump rope (even without the rope).
  • CarolynnW
    CarolynnW Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The Walk away the pounds dvd's are awesome and believe me, you burn calories. Check them out at Wal-Mart for 10.00 you'll be glad you did!
  • DKWaggoner
    Options
    Jump rope is one of my faves
  • christina1109
    Options
    Hooping. I love it. I've only been doing it for a short period of time and it's been one hell of a workout. I'm sweating in 5 minutes.
  • mwpagano
    Options
    P90X or Insanity!!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I live Canada so outside workouts are not a good option for almost 1/2 the year. I have a treadmill but also like to crank up my favorite music and dance my *kitten* off sometimes. I've also gone out to the big mall and fast walked the levels at times, or run up and down the stairs in my 3 story house. I often have to be creatvie to get in a workout so have started to amass a workout DVD collection as well.
  • Buccinator
    Options
    I'm also suggesting Walk Away the Pounds. I've walked four miles today using this.