What am I doing wrong?

Options
I've been serious for 4 weeks and have only lost half a pound?! Can someone please help me narrow down what I'm doing wrong?

A little history: Spring of 2012 I got serious and dropped 30 lbs over about 6 months. Exercised 4-5 days a week and cut calories to a low carb 1200 and lost weight really fast. I was doing great and enjoying being active... then I got TOO active and broke my upper left arm in a horseback riding accident in the Fall of 2012. This halted all activity (extreme sad face). After surgery and 6 months of rehab I was able to get back to the gym and focus on rebuilding muscle since I had atrophied pretty bad. Well, now over a year later I'm about 90% over the arm issue and focused again on weight loss.

At the beginning of this month I jumped back into doing the same routine as before, low carb with a daily calorie goal of 1200. I'm exercising 5 days a week, 1 or 2 of those days usually include something like kayaking, hiking or horseback riding. The other days I'm on the elliptical for at least 30 then doing a 15 min Nike Training weight program (burning est. 300-400 calories). This worked GREAT the first time around in 2012, I remember losing 3 lbs the first month - and while I know results wouldn't be as drastic this time, I was hoping for a little more.

I know I shouldn't decrease my calorie intake, but should I increase my workout times? Would a Fitbit One to help me be more precise? It seems the closer to my weightless goal the harder it is to lose, and I still want to lose about 30lbs more.

Replies

• wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Up your calorie intake since your working out really good.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    We can't give you any specific advice unless you open your diary. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories. If you're still not losing, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • swjinx
    swjinx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    After doing some further reading, I think y'all nailed it. I'm NOT eating back the calories I lose from exercising and I not even hungry enough to want to. I think I'm in starvation mode. #fail