Do you consider to insert your daily activities?

Options
When you calculate your net calorie intake which is calories - exercise, do you neglect your calories burned while walking? I guess I burn 300 calories per day even if I don't work out. Should I log it in?

Replies

• ironclaw79
    ironclaw79 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I really don''t mind the calories I burnt out of walking, unless my calorie intake exceeded.
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Your daily activities should be included in you activity setting (sedentary, lightly active, etc) and should not be counted as exercise.
  • Mkstehle
    Mkstehle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I only count my exercise calories if I do a weightlifting or hard cardio, and then I won't use all of them, only half at the most. My work is a lot of walking and I walk my dog, but I don't count them.
  • mbanister1
    mbanister1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Walking you do during normal Activities of living (going to the car, around your house, into a store- ANY walking) is calculated in your TDEE. Normal walking is not exervise. Now, if your going and walking a mile around a track or on a treadmill them yes, you add that. Are you familiar with TDEE? If not google scooby TDEE and fill Out the form. It will give you a value- let's say it's 2700. That's the amount of calories you burn just to survive and complete daily living. If you want to lose 2 pounds a week you need to cut 7000 calories were week or 1000 a day. Your in calories should be 1700. (One pound is 3500 calories)
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories burned in ordinary daily activities.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't really be guessing - it's very hard to accurately assess calories burned through exercise. If you really want to know, then track yourself with a FitBit or HRM.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Your daily activities should be included in you activity setting (sedentary, lightly active, etc) and should not be counted as exercise.
    ^^^This.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • krissenior
    krissenior Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat at maintanence but try to burn 3500 calories in the gym over the course of the week but never eat back my workout calories, as for walking i never add those in either way