Everyone poops. . . .

Options
13»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the suggestions! I will definitely do what I can. My weight ticker is inaccurate, I need to update it. I have only lost 8 pounds since the new year. But it seems to be a consensus that I need to be eating more. I will certainly try that. Along with more fruits and veggies. Thank you for your comments. May you all be healthy, safe, happy and at peace!! Have a great rest of your weeknd
    Good.
    And good luck!
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Balanced diet with fruit and vegetables, and if necessary chia seeds work well.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Have you introduced a new food in your diet? When I substituted milk with soy milk, I found out I was allergic to the carrageenan that was added.
    Are you drinking enough water, given the added exercise?
  • erbear117
    erbear117 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Eat tons of veggies! Half your plate should be veggies.
    My nutritionist says that bowel movements should be at least twice a day.
    We both eat a lot of veggies and have more of the opposite problem than you!

Drink lots of water too!
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Joining your TMI train, this has been a life long problem for me and I hadn't paid too much attention to it until now, since it;s been life long. I used to poop every 3 to 4 to 6 days. Yup! Slow bowels. I drink black coffee, didn't help. Changed my diet to much healthier by joining MFP, lost 30 lbs, didn't help, started exercising and increasing water intake, didn't help. Eating more fruits and vegetables, didn't help. You know what did help? Adding flax seed, 18 grams daily, and fiber one bars or cereal daily. That's what seems to be working. I also eat a bowl of steel cut oatmeal a day, if I miss any of those the movements don't happen. Go figure. Lazy bowels! I must need MEGA doses of fiber or something to function. So find what works for you, add enough fiber to your diet until you find what clicks and stick to it. You'll find it. But don't use laxative or stool softeners, those things are awful!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the suggestions! I will definitely do what I can. My weight ticker is inaccurate, I need to update it. I have only lost 8 pounds since the new year. But it seems to be a consensus that I need to be eating more. I will certainly try that. Along with more fruits and veggies. Thank you for your comments. May you all be healthy, safe, happy and at peace!! Have a great rest of your weeknd
    Glad you have lost 8 pounds instead of 19 pounds in such a short time. :smile:

That still leaves us with the fact that you are eating under 1,200 calories. Really, for your height, you need to eat more and you need to eat some of those exercise calories back. If you eat more then your pooping should regulate itself back into action.
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Before being diagnosed with celiac disease I was pooping 1238584376956 times per day. It was just awful. I knew where every washroom was wherever I went.

After going gluten free this reduced to one time per day. Since starting my diet I actually skip a day here or there and let me tell you it's awesome to go a day without pooping!!! Consider yourself blessed!!!

Also, as many others have said here it stands to reason that as you eat less food, you will naturally have less waste.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    First off, some people don't poop that often - like every 3-7 days. :blushing:
    If a person has not pooped in seven days, they need to see a doctor.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Eat less, poop less.

It's all good...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    colon blow and a vacuum cleaner?
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    I take Benefiber every morning in my protein shake.
  • MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    Before I started watching what I ate and joined MFP I only pooped every other to every two days, which people always told me was strange but it's how my insides have always rocked it. Since joining I have noticed they're a little more "regular" (everydayish) but I don't know really WHY.
    I know when my two year old needs help with a poo I give him some extra fruit juice (usually apple since we're getting intimate here.) and if that doesn't help I give him something carby so he has a little extra in him to come out. Almost always does the trick. If not try giving yourself a tummy massage and rub in a clockwise direction to encourage your body to do what it is supposed to.
  • Sky_Of_Aegis
    Options
    Not sure if this was covered, but I drink anywhere between 4-10 tea bags worth of Oolong "Wu Long" Tea. Excellent diuretic and along with fiber, definitely keeps me normal. Along with Garcinia Cambogia extract and potassium, I have not had the slightest problem. I use honey in my tea also. Don't know if honey helps keep things regular or not, but I know it has medicinal and arguably weight loss properties.Oolong tea is high in caffeine so if you are sensitive to it, I would recommend drinking it much more sparingly than me "2-4 tea bags a day. I do a double cup every time I drink it. Hope you find a solution!
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the fiber comments, but I think talking to a pharmacist may help, too. I know this isn't for everyone and I'm not saying it's for you, especially with JUST quitting smoking (kudos!), but I've been much more regular since eating vegetarian. I think it has a lot to do with my fiber intake. I do notice I'm more bound up after eating a lot fish (which I do still eat on occasion).
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I second magnesium
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    Not sure how I missed that you quit smoking. Quitting smoking will definitely alter your poo patterns for awhile. It will all balance out eventually. Nicotine is a stimulant and like coffee, can make you go.

Former smoker here (7 years quit!)
    Oh my goodness it all makes sense now!! lol