What about Hoodia

Options
beep
beep Posts: 1,242 Member
I'm not really looking for a fast-weight gimick, just don't want to feel hungry all the time.

Replies

• beep
    Options
    I'm not really looking for a fast-weight gimick, just don't want to feel hungry all the time.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    try chewing gum or drinking some water or tea.
  • christahollis
    Options
    Eat more fiber. That helps a lot.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    tea helps me... i drink a cup of green tea (w/ or w/o flavor) and i'm plenty full! hoodia helps you lose weight though, and if you do lose the weight, will it stay off? any of those pills "help" you lose weight, but you gain it back... i wouldn't suggest it...
  • sharon3541
    Options
    Just to let you know. I tried Hoodie as far as I am concerned it did not work. I took the liquid spray and the pills. I had chest pains so bad I went to the hospital. All the tests showed no heart attack. I stopped taking the hoodia and I have not had a problem. I would never take anything like that again. Water, fiber or exercise. I have heard that if you get hungry your metabolism is kicking in, I do not know how true that is, but take it from someone who has tired all supplements on the market. :bigsmile:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I had pretty much the same problem with the hoodia. I researched it extensively a year ago and ordered the best highest quality pill I could find. Tried if for about 3 weeks, and had no luck at all, and felt the same chest pains. Once I stopped taking it, the pains stopped as well.

I have had MUCH better luck with making sure I eat a high fiber breakfast (Fiber One Honey Clusters and a banana every morning), and I drink lots of water. When I get my 'not really hungry but bored so I think I am hungry' cravings, I distract myself, or low cal things, like sugar free jello, or salad, or celery. Or I make a healthy filling meal but I take a long time to eat it and I dont' do anything else while I eat... I totally focus on my meal. It has helped tremendously!!!
  • beep
    Options
    What kind of hoodia was it? There's lots on the market. Thanks for the feedback. I'd like to know who has tried what and what really helped curb cravings, and what didn't. I am trying the Hoodia Bites from South Africa right now, and they are tasty and they work for awhile, but still an hour or two later I'm starving again.
  • beep
    Options
    Sugar free jello, had toally forgotten about that.! But I've heard also that the sugar free products eventually don't help you lose weight either. I hope not, because I think the gelatin idea is a great one.
  • beep
    Options
    Anyone else try the hoodia bites with any luck?
  • beep
    Options
    No one out there has tried Hoodia Bites??? How about the Arbonne chews?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    No one out there has tried Hoodia Bites??? How about the Arbonne chews?

Arbonne chews. I used to sell Arbonne up until March. It tastes good. They do use all natural ingredience. Ask a rep if you can get a sample.
  • beep
    Options
    I'm use it, but I don't want to buy the bites until I know they have worked for someone. Also they do not have hoodia in them. Thanks for responding.
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I tried hoodia once, but then I did some research and found out that is has to be in a certain form to be effective, which IS NOT available at all anywhere right now unless you go to africa and pick the plant. the fda or whoever are in the process of getting it to where it can be bought here and give the results it does to the people who eat it fresh in africa. the diet companies are making lots of money using the name, but trust me, it is NOT real and it is not going to give the results the actual plant does.