fast food craving help!!

Options
I was just minding my own business. sitting on my bed folding my laundry, watching my name is earl. then it happened. a mc donalds commercial came on! my mouth instantly started to water. i got sucked into some fast food yesterday as i was out shopping all day. but again!! Help!! now i got mc chicken and mc donalds fries on my brain :frown:

Replies

• Mepheston
    Mepheston Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just think of it this way. If rat poision tasted like candy would you eat it? That's about what you're putting into your body when you eat what is likely the most processed, nutrient deficient, fattening, artery clogging "food" in the world. If you still want it after that....
    :-P

I would opt for a turkey breast on a whole grain HFCS free bun and some diced red potatoes and herbs cooked in some olive oil.
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I understand totally. This video got me off the Mc Donald's fry kick. After watching this video, think about the condition of a fry that you find under your car seat weeks after you ate there. There is something really wrong with those things.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ppFd1m_L8&feature=related
  • Bluddy
    Options
    I'm very weak minded and lazy so i just get the fast food when i fancy it, but at least get summat with sum nutritional value like chicken, then just burn it off on the exercise bike later. Hmm ya probebly shouldnt listen to me though. Listen to Mepheston :)
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I had my meals all planned out for the day but someone cooked something at lunch that smelled so good I was craving burritos. What I do is try to stick with what I have planned out and I try to eat things that make me feel like I am not on a "diet". I like sweets so I buy things like Vita muffins, they are 100 calories and have lots of fiber in them but today I had a chocolate one so it satisfied my sweet tooth. I also like McD's thai McMinis and I was at the store and I found these thai marinated frozen chicken breasts so I was able to make something similar at home, but I used flax bread and added lettuce so it was much healthier. For french fries you could keep some fries in the freezer that are not as bad for you as McDs. I like the sweet potato fries since they have more fiber. It is all about small changes that you can live with long term. And if you really must have McDs then go there and get something like a grilled snack wrap, that is what I do.
  • Mepheston
    Options
    I know this might sound "conspiracy theory" or whatever, but don't you find it odd that you quit eating that crap and yet you find yourself craving it like it's some sort of drug? Makes you wonder what they really put in there. The longer I've been wihout fast food the less and less I crave it, most of the time it doesn't even smell good anymore and it used to make my mouth water.
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    thats just what i needed! i have these lean frozen burgers on hand im gonna cook one up with fried red onions. I also have frozen sweet potato fries i forgot i bought, but bought for a moment just like this. So im gonna cook those up too. thanks for helping me through my moment of weakness!! i know how bad fast food is for me but those cravings seem over whelming at the time. now i cant wait for my sweet potato fries lol
  • tierra85
    Options
    i cant wait till i dont crave that crap!!
  • Mepheston
    Options
    Excellent choices vs McDonalds, don't be afraid to come in here anytime you think about a fast food fix. :-)
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Watch Food Inc. I won't touch McDonalds since I watched that movie.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    :drinker: yup, hard to eat alot of things after viewing that. I think everyone should watch it at least a couple times!
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    After you're done watching Food Inc. Watch Super Size Me.

I crave fast food, I love the way it smells. But then I think of all things I saw while working in fast food and I don't want it anymore.:noway:
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I understand totally. This video got me off the Mc Donald's fry kick. After watching this video, think about the condition of a fry that you find under your car seat weeks after you ate there. There is something really wrong with those things.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ppFd1m_L8&feature=related

Yes there is something really wrong!!!! The part to really sit up and pay attention to is when the doctor tells him that his liver and kidney functions were beginning to shut down - after eating this 'food' for just 30 days!

If you really want a burger, make a healthy version and go get some ground turkey breast and put it on the ol' George Forman grill. We eat these on whole grain buns (that do NOT have high fructose corn syrup!) with a mango salsa - excellent!
  • tierra85
    Options
    i remember seeing supersize me a long long time ago. but i was really fat and depressed then and i didnt really care about myself or my body. i'll have to give it another go now that i love my body and want it to last lol. and find this Food Inc. I just finished reading fat burning kitchen and i wont go near a lot of things now because of it. especially no high fructose corn syrup!! its amazing how deceitful some companies are to sell products masking them as healthy but there only making you fatter!
  • jflynch45
    Options
    Substitue! Try a WW or regular chicken sandwhich *200 cals* and reduced cal bun. Not mcd's but does help.:smile:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Google the ingredients in the McD's "food". Most of it isn't food.
  • fansntt
    Options

Hahaha.. I watched it while I was dinning... I don't think I finish eating that night.