Today I reached my "goal weight" ...

Options

Replies

• spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I actually changed my ultimate goal weight quite a bit before settling in where I am. I started with a goal of losing 19 pounds, and it ended up being 46! So yes, as weight came off, I realized that I could somewhat easily take things farther. Now I'm really happy where I am, I mostly have just some spots of loose skin left to deal with. I had a body fat test at the doctor, and the initial results were surprisingly low in fat with good muscle mass. I'll get DEXA results on Tuesday to confirm. So my original plan to continue to lose fat and build muscle (maintaining weight but continuing to shrink) may have to be reassessed. But I will set new goals regardless -- I'm addicted to success!
  • dukeoden
    Options
    Congrats.
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great.

I think we will never be 100% satisfied. We are our worst critics. : )
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    congrats you look amazing-been at my goal weight for 5 years-but I am still not satisfied-I truly am worse critic-everyone tell me I look great I still can look in mirror and find flaws I train 5 days a week -I lift do cardio zumba eat right and still can find flaws-so I wish you the best on you weight loss jorney and maintining your weight
  • ifyouknew
    ifyouknew Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think as women, we have a lot of trouble seeing ourselves as others see us. We have all these negative filters that we see ourselves through. If you are at a weight that is considered healthy for your height, you can rest assured that you probably look great. (If in doubt, reflect on this- are other people telling you that you look great? If so, you are probably being too hard on yourself!)
  • amandahowze1
    amandahowze1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. Looking forward too when I can say the same .
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Congrats!!:). I'm at my goal too, but I still have tons of room for improvement, building muscle will help, and I'm taking my time.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your hard work paid off. Don't ever stop logging. It helps keep you honest.:flowerforyou:
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    Congratulations. :smile:
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal, but my face was still fuller than it was when I weighed 5 pounds more a few years ago. A friend I haven't seen since before I got heavy even pointed it out last night. Maybe with age, things just change like that. I'll give it a couple more pounds, then see where things stand.
  • gieshagirl
    gieshagirl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    congrats!:happy:
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think as women, we have a lot of trouble seeing ourselves as others see us. We have all these negative filters that we see ourselves through. If you are at a weight that is considered healthy for your height, you can rest assured that you probably look great. (If in doubt, reflect on this- are other people telling you that you look great? If so, you are probably being too hard on yourself!)

This. Careful of losing ever more weight ....or going into body building....
    I think these are just ways to avoid saying, I'm where I wanted to be now!
    Reaching the goal can be difficult in itself!
  • catylina71
    Options
    what GREAT NEWS!!! MAKES ME SMILE. :) thanks for sharing.

54309133.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Frostbitten007
    Frostbitten007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fabulous! I still have a long ways to go. I hope to achieve my goal weight of 125 pounds by the end of 2014. I am 153 right now. I did really bad during the holidays. I was 149 before Thanksgiving Christmas, and New Years. Then I went up to 161 (yikes!) I am doing this weight loss challenge at the grocery store where I work. The person who loses the biggest percentage wins a $500 gift card to my store. 2nd place winner gets $300 and 3rd place $200. So, I think that is a really good incentive to lose weight. Feel free to add me as a friend. Make sure you leave a message with your friend request, so I know where on here I "met" you.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :flowerforyou:

I thought originally my goal weight would be 123. Wrong. I was clearly still in a higher %BF range than I wanted. Visually, at 123 I was somewhere around 27% BF. I want to be visually in the low 20's, at least, and there's no reason I can't get there eventually.

Now, I'm in the upper 117's and visually around 24-25% BF. I'm going to cut to 115, and if that doesn't do it (pretty sure it won't), start bulk/cut cycles to decrease %BF until I'm where I want to be.

Nothing bad about adding muscle, yes? Besides, I'm looking forward to eating more food on a bulk and because I'm both lifting more often and hopefully raising my BMR.
  • acmendrek
    acmendrek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This makes me nervous about the day when I hit my "goal", am I going to be left with a feeling a unsatisfaction?..I'm gathering a lot of people don't feel it's enough when they reach and are constantly on a mission. Does it ever stop? Do you ever get to a point that you're healthy and happy with the person you see in the mirror or are we constantly in a "fat trap?"
  • pattycake118
    pattycake118 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm avoiding the scale right now, but know that I have lost a bit. Even (what I'm assuming is) a few pounds difference has made me feel better in my skin and clothes. I take the time to take care of and pamper myself, so I'm generally happy with how I look - just working on those extra pounds.

Original poster, and everyone else who as commented, are all lovely looking people. OP, you're rocking that dress! And look so confident and happy in it! That image evokes the response of "I want to be her". I suggest that you take some time to enjoy your success before deciding that you're still unsatisfied. Take a long look at yourself in the mirror and list the things that you love about your body now. Pamper your skin. Etc.

Hopefully you'll soon be able to say, without hesitation, whether you're happy with where your current maintenance level is.

:)
  • SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! In my opinion, if you are at your "goal weight" and still unsatisfied, then you should switch your focus to getting "fit" and building muscle, rather than losing weight. See where that gets you. Good luck!
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal.

Maybe it's time to set a new goal (weight &/or fitness)!

When I reached my goal, it didn't look or feel like I expected, and I decided to keep on going rather than settling. I ultimately lost another 9 pounds only to decide it was a little too much, so I settled on 6 pounds less than my original goal. So, ask yourself how you set your goal. For me, it was just a number that I thought I could achieve; maybe I didn't want to admit that I needed to lose 30-something pounds in the beginning, so I settled on 20-something. Also, I think it was a weight that I could carry better in my early 30's than I can in my early 40's.

Once I settled on my new goal weight, I still had some undesired jiggles and was still not in great shape, so I started mixing up my workouts to include more strength training and to increase my endurance. Now, while I'm not (nor will I ever be) perfect, I am becoming a better version of myself everyday. I am in better shape than I ever have been. I can run faster and further. I look better in my clothes. And, I am confident in how I carry myself.

My recommendation is to focus on what will make you happy because it'll be much easier to maintain something that you're proud of than it will be to be diligent about maintaining something you don't value as much. Now that I am where I really want to be, I will fight to KEEP what I have and won't let the old habits creep back in to steal it away from me.