acceptable weight loss goal?

Options
Hey! I'm looking to lose 18lbs before may, is this a doable goal? Thanks!!

ps. How long did it take you to lose 18-20lbs?

Replies

• astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    it mostly depends on how overweight you are...

ETA: regarding your avatar, Who eats domesticated cats and dogs, and parrots?
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that two pounds loss a week is ok but more than that is hard to keep up.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    It took me an entire year to lose 20 lbs., but everybody's different. A realistic goal is .5 lb. per week. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories. If you're still not losing, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • DancingJester
    DancingJester Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Compactly depends on the person, your metabolism, how big you are already. I was 12 stone (172lb to be specific) when I started and I lost 18lb in about 10 weeks. However it is taking me longer now. I started losing end of may 2013, dieted until 12th august (I had to have knee surgery and couldn’t diet during the start of recovery) started dieting again on the 25th October (had 2 week brake over Christmas, where I did gain 2lb but was prepared for that) All together I’ve lost 31lb. So if you take away the 3 months or so of not dieting, I lost 31lb in 24 weeks (ish). If that helps
  • Its supposed to kinda represent that all animals are equal and such.