Weight Loss - Where do you see it first?

Options
fitterpam
fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
This is going to sound weird, but every time I lose weight, I notice it around my hips. It's not a tape measure thing, but a difference in the shape. I have a lot of muscular issues around the hips, so maybe I just noticed it quicker there, because there is a lot of daily focus on my muscles there. I've also noticed this time that my neck seemed to lose weight - from photos, not because I look at my neck often.

My husband's clavicle is becoming prominent - even though he has 60lbs still to lose. He's quite excited because even though he's only down 10lbs from where he started and even the tape measure is not really changing much, he's noticing a change to the shape of his body. He told me today "That means it's working"....LOL

Thought it would be fun if everyone could share their success spot. I like to celebrate the small successes as well as the big ones.

Replies

• bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I always see mine in my face. My cheeks are not as round, and my chin sticks out more. That is how I know I am losing weight.
  • jhorenc
    jhorenc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    my arms, or when my collarbones start to really show and waistline though I wish my mid section would forever remain FLAT!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    *ducking the rotten tomatoes* My waist and belly. :blushing:
  • Bluddy
    Options
    Arms and legs ide say, actually starting to see sum muscles again, was beggining to wonder if they were still under there.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Can't tell it in the mirror but definitely my face. In looking at pictures, I didn't have a face a year ago, and I have one now!

The biggest thing that I've noticed is my wrist. I have a bone there, and dimples! Visible dimples!

I can also tell my stomach has gotten smaller. I still have rolls, but they are much smaller, and less distance in-between them, lol. They are easier to hide, but even when they aren't hidden, they definitely are nothing like they used to be!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I saw it in my face first. I'm hoping the rest of me catches up now! :laugh:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options

Normally this is where I too see the changes start along with my face.:flowerforyou: With no chest to speak of this is the first place I see that 5# when it comes back and when it leaves. Changes my profile.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Definitely face. Then neck. Then breasts. Then midriff.

And where would I LIKE to lose it??

My *kitten*!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Definitely my legs, which is weird because you'd think it would be where I carry most of my weight, in my hips and belly!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Options
    Definitely face. Then neck. Then breasts. Then midriff.

And where would I LIKE to lose it??

My *kitten*!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Preach it, girl! :laugh:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Options

Normally this is where I too see the changes start along with my face.:flowerforyou: With no chest to speak of this is the first place I see that 5# when it comes back and when it leaves. Changes my profile.

*ducking more rotten tomatoes* I still have D cups. :laugh:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options

LOL
  • will4change
    Options
    Boy this is the worst for me and hope that there are people out there like me , My first wght loss is on my leg then breast.. The actual things that i don't want to loose any grrrr never ever on my tummy or my face wish it was......
  • ddpmkrupa
    ddpmkrupa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I feel thinner when I wake up in the morning and that a great feeling!!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Crazily enough, the first place I notice the loss is my hands. This time I'm also noticing it in my thighs (I think the running is helping out in that area). Most people notice it in my face however.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options

:huh: D-cups??? :ohwell: What are those???? LOL... :laugh: Never had them so I never have to worry about losing them... :bigsmile: Easier to learn Pole Dancing - wouldn't it??? :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!