Getting started again

Options
Kacie_88
Kacie_88 Posts: 26 Member
I've had an account here for a while and have off-and-on been using it. But never consistently.

This past year has been intense. I started my second year teaching, in a new grade, and with a bunch of new responsibilities to my name. I was constantly tired and stressed, and in my free time I either wanted to take a nap or go out with my friends. Exercise and self-care was at the bottom of my list.

Then in November I was diagnosed with depression. I got on meds and I feel 110% better and like myself again. Even feeling better, though, in early January my boyfriend and I broke up after about a year of dating. Oh, and the week we broke up I got an upper respiratory infection that I'm still getting treated for. :grumble:

So now I'm focusing on ME. I'm interested in moving out of Florida and am actively pursuing opportunities in other places of the country. And, obviously, I want to get myself healthy again. I've been steadily gaining weight over the past two years I'm at an unprecedented 188 pounds. Considering that my maximum healthy weight, according to my doctor, is 155 lbs, I NEED to get this under control.

I'm currently on some antibiotics that make tendons more susceptible to injury so I'm not looking to start any new work out regimen till that's out of my system. So for the next few weeks my goal is to track my food every day (honestly!) and walk the lake at least three times a week. Just walking. :smile: After that I want to start the C25K program and get running again. I've done the program before and I loved the progress I was making and how good I felt about myself when I was doing it.

So, this is my life lately, and my super short term goals. If anybody else there is getting started for the first (or second... third... fifth...) time and/or is looking to lose about 30 lbs I'd welcome the friends and support.

Replies

• MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...doing my best to get motivated again. Add me if you want support and encouragement! Best wishes on your journey! Feel better soon!