50lb in 3 months?

Options
Hi all,
I get married in 3 months and at 5"11 I am 266lbs. I would love to lose at least 50lbs to feel good on the day.
Here is my plan.... trying to stick to a maximum of 1200 cals a day, lots of fruit and veg cutting right down on carbs and exercising foe at least 45 mins at gym both cardio and strength and doing 30 day shred after work.
Thoughts please xxx

Replies

• 000Linda000
    000Linda000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's a good idea, here why:
    1) judging by you're current weight, I'd say you're eating more than 1200 right now. So the sudden change will do terrible things to your blood sugar and appetite. Plainly put, you'll feel awful! Try maybe 1500 for a month then go down to 1200

2) that is too much weight in a very sort time. Even if you do achieve it, your skin will not shrink as fast as you do, which will likely lead to saggy skin.

3) exercising everyday is a big no no. 30 min walk is fine, but don't do 30 min cardio everyday, it's not realistic. As someone who used to be a competitive skater, I always had a day off. You're body need to recover!!! Something like 30min cardio x4 a week and take 30 mins walks/yoga/strength training the other 3 days would be a more reasonable plan.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's a good idea, here why:
    1) judging by you're current weight, I'd say you're eating more than 1200 right now. So the sudden change will do terrible things to your blood sugar and appetite. Plainly put, you'll feel awful!

2) that is too much weight in a very sort time. Even if you do achieve it, your skin will not shrink as fast as you do, which will likely lead to saggy skin.

3) exercising everyday is a big no no. 30 min walk is fine, but don't do 30 min cardio everyday, it's not realistic. As someone who used to be a competitive skater, I always had a day off. You're body need to recover!!!

I like this answer
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I concur with the above!!
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    :) Keep in mind that healthy, safe weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week.

50, sadly, isn't realistic. But that doesn't mean not to try to lose that 1-2 lbs a week! In three months, you could be down 20 lbs, and that is FANTASTIC! You'd be amazed how great losing 20 lbs can feel, and you may even manage a little more than that if you're lucky. (But not tons more, and certainly not 50.):
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You could try to lose 20lbs. Most of all don't underestimate what a really great dress can do for you if you haven't chosen one already. Treat yourself to that. A woman can look better in a nicely tailored dress with a flattering cut than someone who maybe weighs less but their dress isn't as flattering.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Also, I am 5'9 and started at 228 lbs. It's been 24 days of eating around 1400 calories and doing the 30 day shred every few days, I take short walks and have gone hiking a few times...but no insane workouts. in 24 days I've lost 14 lbs and am starting to notice a change in my body. There is no reason to go extreme to lose weight quickly, your body may resist it instead of do what you want it to do.
  • alwaysdance
    alwaysdance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Supportive underwear! The difference appropriate undergarments can make to your figure is shocking. I highly suggest going to a boutique lingerie store. They will have everything you need. (stay away from Vic's Secret and the like. They are great for everyday pretty things, but the twiggy 16 year-old sales girl will not be helpful in this situation).
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    A realistic goal is 1 lb. per week (maybe 1.5). Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories. If you're still not losing, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • CiaLater86
    Options
    Hey, I replying based on personal experience, I started my fitness goals at 262, (so im not far off from you !!) the more you weigh the easier it is to lose (to start anyways).
    I started with only eating 1200, but because of my weight my body was already burning more then average on a daily basis without doing any work outs anyways, so my body was going into starvation mode, and the weight would GO and then COME BACK. so I upped my calories, Ive been eating 1500 and work out 4 times a week ! and now Im 28lbs down since November 15th !

So my advise is all the same.. 50lbs IS possible in an extremely unhealthy way, But you want to hold onto that GLOW for your wedding day, Id say stick to a 20lb goal and youll still feel awesome !
  • mrscollis91
    mrscollis91 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi guys
    thanks for the responses. Looking at my food diary for tomorrow I am only clocking in just under 1400 cals which is less than people are saying I need. This is with 3 big main meals plus 4 snacks!!!! i dont know what to do as I cant eat more Id be eating for the hell of it.
    Any advice xx
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to 1.5 lb. per week, and follow the calorie goal MFP gives you. Eat "good" or "clean" or "healthy" (whatever those words mean to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to binges.