LINK armband/logging exercise calories

Options
So I'm finally going to utilize this site! It seems so helpful for people as I've been reading on the forums and one of my biggest problems is calorie counting. I think if I do that accurately, eat healthy, continue my exercise regimen and stop doing stupid fasts and fad diets I will be on the right track!

I have a BodyFit LINK armband that tells me how many calories I burn at the end of each day. I'm sure plenty of you on here have them or are at least familiar. How should I deal with the discrepencies between the BodyFit calories recorded and the ones MFP provides.

And secondly, and I apologize because I'm sure it must get irritating to read these posts over and over, but how do you account for exercise that MFP doesn't have as options? For example- I do 10-15 minutes of kettlebell exercise 2-3 times a week and a couple rounds of 4 minute tabata exercises a week. How do I log exercises like these that don't appear on MFP?

Thanks so much for your help and I'm sorry if I'm annoying the regular members.

PS- I feel my attitude changing already, can't wait to look the way I want!

Replies

• Dragonslayer183
    Dragonslayer183 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the armband, although I've wanted one for some time now. I know MFP over estimates some of the calories burned, but I've heard the bands are unreliable too.

If you go under the exercise tab, go to "my exercises," and there should be a green "create exercise" button. You can add your own exercises.
  • aclockworkblonde
    aclockworkblonde Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm sure I'll figure this all out eventually and utilize it as much as possible. Btw I love the armband, I forget it's there most of the time until it beeps to remind me to eat.