Realistic goal for the summer? Swimsuits!

Options
I currently am carrying a little bit extra baggage than I would like weighing in at 167 lb @ 5' 5. My overall goal is to get back down to my weight when I was 18, ~120 lb but I'm happy to let that take as long as it needs.

I'm going on holiday on 3rd June this year. I'd really like to be able to wear a bikini successfully. Last time I wore one and felt comfortable I think I was around 10 st (140 lbs), but I didn't used to weigh myself back then so I'm not sure. A year later I was about 148-150 lbs and kinda flabby looking in it so I wasn't very comfortable.

So about 27 lbs by June. It's only two stone. Can I do it?

Also as a side point, what weight would you feel comfortable in a bikini or swimsuit? Does weight matter to you when it comes to swimwear?

Replies

• tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini at my heaviest (260 lbs on 5'10"). I really didn't care. I still don't care. However, it's much easier to find a fun swim suit at 180 lbs.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a pretty good goal to me! Best of luck!

I'm doing it for similar reasons. I want to be 140 again by summer beach season
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I wore a bikini at my heaviest (260 lbs on 5'10"). I really didn't care. I still don't care. However, it's much easier to find a fun swim suit at 180 lbs.

This. I do, however, wear my bikini tops with boy shorts.
  • FiresongUK
    Options
    I was 4'11 the last time I was healthy which would have been age 18 and I weighed anything from 115-120 and I was fit!!(I did gymnastics).. now I'm coming up for 23 I haven't been accurately measured since then but I'm pretty sure I'm around 5'4 -5'5 now but I'd like to look the same way I did back then. I probably won't look the same at the same weight since height difference and body changing and what not sooooo I've been creeping on mybodygallery to see where I'd like to be goal wise. So far I'm thinking 140-130lbs for bikini ready.

If you want you should check out mybodygallery to see all body shapes, fitness levels and sizes, weights and heights to get a rough idea of what you think you'd be comfortable at.

I think you can reach your goal =)

I love this site for encouragement!!!
    http://www.mybodygallery.com

Great site, looking at those pictures has motivated me even more :) Thanks!
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am leaving in 6 days for an all inclusive vacation. I have just started my weight loss journey. I will be wearing my bikini every day. I am a little taller then you and weigh about 156lbs. I would love to get around 130lbs for the summer though.

I am just going to let it be and not worry about the extra weight. I wish I could look better at this time but I don't. It is not going to stop me
  • bergsangel
    Options
    :frown: I haven't been comfortable in a bikini ever. Sucks, but it's the truth!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I started on 1/8 and my entire loss time is supposed to be 6 to 7 months, so I expect to be at least near goal when it is time to put on a bikini, and I will definitely wear one, even though I am 52. :)
  • sarahmichel101
    sarahmichel101 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Lbs seem to be too unreliable due to different weights and such. My FIRST goal is to be able to fit into a size 14 bathing suit (That seems to be the biggest size you can buy here in the regular size stores). I am very proud (I bet you guys don't think it is so grand, but for me its big!) to say that last week I bought a speedo bathing suit for the first time. They only go up to 18 and I could not fit into them previously. In all honesty I could have gotten the 16, but 18 is good for me.
    When I get down to my size 14 I will not wear a bikini, but I will get one of those fancy designed ones with open backs or sides!!! Wish me luck for the summer!
  • Rien5
    Rien5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bought one last year for the first time. Felt kind of insecure about wearing it and seeing fat around my stomach when I was sitting or laying down. Working that off so that this year I can rock that bikini!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Lbs seem to be too unreliable due to different weights and such. My FIRST goal is to be able to fit into a size 14 bathing suit (That seems to be the biggest size you can buy here in the regular size stores). I am very proud (I bet you guys don't think it is so grand, but for me its big!) to say that last week I bought a speedo bathing suit for the first time. They only go up to 18 and I could not fit into them previously. In all honesty I could have gotten the 16, but 18 is good for me.
    When I get down to my size 14 I will not wear a bikini, but I will get one of those fancy designed ones with open backs or sides!!! Wish me luck for the summer!
    Good luck!
  • Azra124
    Azra124 Posts: 39
    Options
    I just want a flat belly. I HATE wearing revealing clothes and then my pouch is hanging out. :(
    Eventually, I would like to get back to a size 0. But that might take a while. I've been measuring inches - not pounds, so we'll see. :wink:
  • sarahmichel101
    sarahmichel101 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've been measuring inches - not pounds, so we'll see. :wink:

Good plan!
  • jmlm64
    jmlm64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am turning 50 this year and want to rock it! Another 35 lbs for me would be awesome! I started the 1st of Jan., but didn't record on here right away. I'm actually down 8 lbs. so far. I have a pool and was not comfortable at all in a bikini last summer. (175) I put on another 4 lbs but have started my journey to health and fitness again! I don't know if I will make 35 more by summer but I have 4 more months to try! I'm comfortable in a bikini at 150-155, but not as much as I would like.