oil sprayer recommendations?

Options
acpgee
acpgee Posts: 7,667 Member
I just destroyed my oil sprayer by leaving it too close to a flaming hot wok. That said I wasn't 100% happy with the old one, as oil sometimes came out as a fine mist, and other times as a thin stream.

Does anyone have brand recommendations for a new oil sprayer? I prefer a type where you can see how much oil is left in the device.

Thanks.

Replies

• babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I just destroyed my oil sprayer by leaving it too close to a flaming hot wok. That said I wasn't 100% happy with the old one, as oil sometimes came out as a fine mist, and other times as a thin stream.

Does anyone have brand recommendations for a new oil sprayer? I prefer a type where you can see how much oil is left in the device.

Thanks.
    I would like to know this as well thanks for the post:flowerforyou:
  • mchris116
    mchris116 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought mine from Pampered Chef probably 5 yrs ago and it still works great. Easy to clean and I don't remember it being very expensive.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Bump?
  • nicor44
    nicor44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    We have a Misto (I think paid $10 for it), but it's metal, not see-through. Happy with it, though.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I just got a Misto one for christmas (my husband is such a romantic!) and the first one he got me didnt work, (as soon as you pumped it would start spraying rather than waiting till you pressed the trigger) I exchanged it (at World Market) and the replacement works perfectly. Plus its pretty & red :)

I had the Zeal brand one and it didnt work as well, sprayed a heavy uneven stream vs the lighter even spray of the Misto.

ETA: Mine is solid metal but I know Misto sells them with an indicator window, you might have to look online.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Gee I just use a spray bottle from target. The small ones you find in toiletries where the travel sizes are. I never knew there see ones sold specifically for oil!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Gee I just use a spray bottle from target. The small ones you find in toiletries where the travel sizes are. I never knew there see ones sold specifically for oil!

yes you can "pump them up" so they spray like an aerosol - the last one I had was from pampered chef I think - I need a new one
  • acpgee
    Options
    The misto gets great reviews on amazon. I guess you could judge how full it is by weight, so I guess I could live with not being able to see how full it is.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Love my Misto! Bought a two-pack at CostCo for cheap! :)
  • acpgee
    Options
    Thanks guys. Just ordered my misto from amazon.
  • dalbyheather1
    Options
    I was just wondering about this myself - Misto is will be! :smile: