HRM Or Elliptical HRM

tammietifanie
tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a Hrm that i wear when i work out and I also have one on my elliptical and today was my first time wearing my HRM while working out on my machine. The one on my arm compared to the one on the machine had two complete different readings so now im wondering which one is closer to being right... Does anyone know if a Hrm that you wear compared to the ones on the machines are better at reading the right heart rate and how much calories you are burning.

Replies

• same thing here. go with the one you wear not the machine! machine is much higher isn't it??
  • tammietifanie
    The one i wear says i burned more calories
  • I go by the HRM I wear. The elliptical always says I burn more but the treadmill says I burn less. Since the HRM I wear is based on my personal data and has a chest sensor that calculates my heart rate continuously, it's probably more accurate.
  • tammietifanie
    I figured that the Hrm that i wear knows my age, sex, weight and all that but my machine doesn't have a way of programming that into it. Wish i knew which one is correct!
  • oh lucky you! got with the one you wear! either way you can't lose!
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    If you have a HRM with a chest strap, and your personal data loaded in, it will by far be the best estimate of calories burned. Everything is basically an estimate - MFP database, the gym equippment and the HRM. The most 'accurate' estimate should be your HRM. Always go with it!
This discussion has been closed.