Protein % rises after workout....

Options
I noticed that every time i putt down exercise, the system auto changes percentage of protein for example....
My question is, where is it based on and is that a suggestion of do you really NEED it???
I think it's really annoying, because every day my percentage is different.....

Replies

• cvervest
    Options
    Can you stop it on one level??? Or do i have to deal with it?? I think 70 grams of protein is enough on one day....
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    When you enter exercise, MFP adds on the calories you burned. As such, they adjust your protein goal to keep it at its designated % based on the new calorie goal. Your percentage doesn't change, but the goal in grams does. No way to stop if you're adding in your exercise calories.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    MFP protein recommendations tend to be pretty low - a lot of people will tell you that they consider both protein and fiber goals to be a minimum.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Click on my home at the top and go into goals right underneath. Then pick custom and click change goals. It's still going to be percentage based though.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I boost my protein up at the beginning of the day and try and eat back the protein level I initially set rather than what MFP scales it up to with exercise. Its messy but it works for me
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    You can 'bodge' it by adding in negative food calories - this will keep ALL the figures constant.

I have a -1000 calorie food item I enter for workout days.

But mostly, I just remember the number my protein is set to :).
  • cvervest
    Options
    0,8 gram protein per kg of weight. So i'm 72kg x 0,8= 56,6
    That is low, so i eat 60 grams every day.
    But if i enter exercise, my percentage is going throug the roof.....
    So i end up negative in my goals... ????
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    You can 'bodge' it by adding in negative food calories - this will keep ALL the figures constant.

I have a -1000 calorie food item I enter for workout days.

But mostly, I just remember the number my protein is set to :).

....why don't you just not log your exercise calories if you don't want them in your food diary?
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Or just enter your exercise calories as 1 and record the actual calories in the notes section but still remember to eat those calories back as that is how MFP is designed.
  • geebusuk
    Options
    ....why don't you just not log your exercise calories if you don't want them in your food diary?
    Because I DO want the CALORIES to be in my food diary, but I DON'T want my protein level to change.
    This way the macros stay the same, but it takes 1000 off the total calories, so if I eat 2400 calories it shows up as being 'on target'.
  • cvervest
    Options
    Yes me too, and i NEED them too....
    To keep burning the cals... Hard work needs more food, but it changes the protein goal... So than i'm not sure if i did good....
    Not sure what bodge Means.... Sorry
  • geebusuk
    Options
    'Kludge' might be a 'mercan term?
    Basically, the sort of thing you'd find here - http://failblog.cheezburger.com/thereifixedit
    So fixing it an unprofessional manner and so on.