Weighing in every day

Options
13»

Replies

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I can get too OCD (when stressed) about enough in my life to have my daily weight fluctuations be one of them.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Every other day usually - but I do it to put in my libra app to see the trends versus focusing on that weight.
  • stevew_68
    stevew_68 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I have always weighed daily but used to only log once a week

Now I log daily and I use trendweight.com to give me actual weight loss trends whilst gaining understanding of daily fluctuations which are generally around 2lbs up or down. The black spots are actual weight readings and the red line shows the variance from overall trend. It interests me that my weight loss, since dropping to 0.5lbs a week seems more in synch with hormones now with my weight dropping to new lows twice a month

zukez19xb9ng.jpg

That graph looks good. I might start doing that myself. I normally just do weekly.
  • springmiyake
    springmiyake Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh in every morning. If I eat a little more than I should the day before and it shows on the scale, I will be extra careful on food intake that day. I feel like it's a good reminder to not avoid the scale. Also I feel super motivated if my weight goes down.
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Only weekly---water weight fluctuation is too confusing and disheartening day to day.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    ashmeg84 wrote: »
    Only weekly---water weight fluctuation is too confusing and disheartening day to day.

It's even more disheartening if normal fluctuations make your weekly weight go up one or two weeks in a row. That's why I weigh daily and use an exponentially smoothed moving average to judge my real progress. After two years of seeing the daily fluctuations, they don't bother me anymore - I'm more curious about why it happens. (Some reasons I know: weight goes up after meals out, even if I stick to my goal; it goes down the day after a long bike ride, even if I meet my calorie goal. Others I haven't yet figured out.)

34527787.png
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    stevew_68 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I have always weighed daily but used to only log once a week

Now I log daily and I use trendweight.com to give me actual weight loss trends whilst gaining understanding of daily fluctuations which are generally around 2lbs up or down. The black spots are actual weight readings and the red line shows the variance from overall trend. It interests me that my weight loss, since dropping to 0.5lbs a week seems more in synch with hormones now with my weight dropping to new lows twice a month

zukez19xb9ng.jpg

That graph looks good. I might start doing that myself. I normally just do weekly.
    I like Trendweight, too. It really helps.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every day - BUT - I only "record" my weight once a week on the same day, at the same time. Weighing daily is merely my guide.

If I go up a pound 1 day - no big deal; 2 days in a row - and I re-evaluate my food/activities. I have never ended a single week "up" on any of my record days - I have held even a couple times.

Anyhow, that is what works for me - to each his or her own.

73641431.png