Water later in the day???

Options
I am wondering what MFP folks think about consuming water later in the day. I drink alot of water all day long and many times into the later evening. Is there an issue with this? I don't know if we retain more water if it is drank later at night or if it even matters? I don't normally have to get up during the night to use the facilities so figure probably not drinking too much at night but I didn't know if this affects weight loss in a positive or negative way???? Especially the night before weigh in the next morning?

Thoughs?????

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    water dose not care when you drink: it :drinker: : its good at any time a day, if you put on weight :noway: its just water weight and you will losei
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We don't need to drink all into the evening to keep interrupting our sleep. It is more important to get a good nights sleep. As long as you get in your 8 glasses of water a day you're straight. A full nights sleep aids weight loss as much as water intake. Try not to over think these things.
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i have trouble drinking 8 glasses.. thats impressive. and i still wake up in the middle of the night to go. tiny bladder i guess. if you wake up once or twice welcome to my world lol but i'd think if anything it would be good for you to drink lots of water :smile:
  • Chrissun
    Options
    I drink more water after lunch than before lunch. It may affect my weigh-ins but as long as I'm doing the same thing before every weigh-in I assume it's still accurate.
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink 4 glasses during the day and then 4 more during dinner time, workout time and bed time. I just can't stomach all 8 and I need to space it out. I don't find myself going to the bathroom so much during the night but the next day I'm going nonstop. It's annoying but I know I'm doing a good thing for my body. :)
  • acreator24
    acreator24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If I drink anything an hour before bedtime I am up at 3am and I hate that. Does it stick with you?.I think it would if you had a ton of sodium that day but I dont know that for sure. Just a guess on my part.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I usually drink one thirty-two ounce glass throughout the day, and then another in the evenings after dinner. Most of the time I actually drink a third one after I've logged my night time calories and before bed. I have always been one of those people who drinks a lot of fluids (and no, I'm not diabetic; I've been checked several times). When I weigh in, I do it first thing in the morning after emptying my bladder, and since I've been tracking what I eat, I've never gained because of it. Your body just loves water... so drink up!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Your body needs water. Think of a potted plant. If you water until overflowing, the plant just lets go of the excess, hence the bathroom visits. But if you do not water enough, that plant will hold on to every drop for dear life. When you don't drink enough water, you retain it.

If you are thirsty before bed, take a drink. You may want to hold off on drinking a quart before bed if you don't want to get up in the middle of the night, though. lol I do most of my drinking throughout the day and early evening. I have at least one 32 oz. glass with every meal. I love my water!! After dinner time, I have kind of had my fill. However, I do keep a glass of fresh water on my nightstand at night.

If you are weighing in right when you get up in the morning, you should empty the bladder first. This is the best time to weigh in my opinion. There is nothing in your stomach and after you use the bathroom, you would only be weighing you without the excess fluids. Hope this helped!!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have to drink most of my water after I get off work. I'm a teacher and can't be leaving the classroom every 15 minutes LOL. I hope it isn't bad to drink water later in the day!!!
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    The only problem with water later in the day
    Is the 3 a.m. eyes barely slit open, stumble trips to the bathroom. Careful you don't stub your toe :wink: