Awesome tofu recipe

So I made this tonight:

CfD1id4.jpg

The previous picture doesn't do the colours justice though so:

Qp0Mflr.jpg

And it was delicious. I play around with tofu recipes a lot as I don't eat meat other than seafood, and I usually like to cook it with an Asian spin.

This recipe had such a delicious sauce. It's called nuoc cham and I hadn't heard of it until tonight, but i's a vietnamese dipping sauce consisting of: fish sauce, soy sauce (the recipe didn't call for this but I replaced half the fish sauce with it), lime juice, sugar, garlic, and chillies.

The extra firm tofu is encrusted in black and white sesame seeds mixed with panko (first dunked in egg to make it stick), then lightly pan fried in a little sesame oil until golden on each side. Garnished with scallions.

I know the oil isn't great but this recipe could be worse. It is still relatively healthy and I served it up with a huge portion of broccoli (only two pieces in the picture for finesse in the presentation; I ate a lot more than that!).

I seriously recommend you guys try this :) even if you're not big on tofu - like my dad, and even he loved it!

Replies