How much chicken?

Options
Hi all I cooked off a load of chicken sunday ready for this week etc for my pro'
Thing is i do not know how much to eat with per meal.... The packet says 125g of chicken is 200cal
I have 1200 cal limit on here not including exercise as most the day i do not really do much other than gen' cleaning day to day activites etc especially in winter months i tend to hide away keep kids warm indoors.

I do insainty, jog and kettlebell videos

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    my quesiton is why a 1200 limit?

As well the package usually indicates raw weight.

But that being said if you weigh out a portion and search MFP for "cooked" you can get an accurate count.

If you don't have a food scale...hmmm good question...I guess you could do the whole deck of cards=4oz....
  • Little_Miss_Metal
    Options
    Thank you,
    Im not 100% sure why 1200 it asked me questions and as most day not do much apart from.my work outs im guessing thats the reason.
    For example apart from my morning jog i have not done much just a little housework
    And on.laptop.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You need to eat exercise calories back.

Also, just use the 'chicken cooked' entry in the database (breast or dark meat, whatever you have). Unless the chicken you bought specifies that the calories are for cooked chicken, it's probably for raw chicken.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Was it a whole chicken or just breasts?

A single breast is around 125g, unless they are large sized.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Was it a whole chicken or just breasts?

A single breast is around 125g, unless they are large sized.

It really depends. I had one yesterday that was 180g... cooked... after I trimmed it. The only way of being accurate is to weigh it and use the 'cooked' entry.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thank you,
    Im not 100% sure why 1200 it asked me questions and as most day not do much apart from.my work outs im guessing thats the reason.
    For example apart from my morning jog i have not done much just a little housework
    And on.laptop.

I bet if you changed your weight loss goal to 1-1 1/2lbs a week you get more food...just a thought...I know that wasn't the question but trying to work in a 1200 calorie limit can be hard.
  • Little_Miss_Metal
    Options
    put my goal as 1lb a week thats the sum gave me
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Thank you,
    And on.laptop.
    I bet if you changed your weight loss goal to 1-1 1/2lbs a week you get more food...just a thought...I know that wasn't the question but trying to work in a 1200 calorie limit can be hard.
    With only 50 lb. to lose, your goal should be set to lose 1 lb. per week.

Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories. If you aren't losing after two weeks, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants