Food you've really enjoyed today

Options
Foodiethinking
Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
What food or snack have you (or will you) really enjoy(ed) today that isn't going to tip your food diary into the red?

I've had an early lunch of a small portion of Mum's lasagne bulked out with plenty of salad and was delicious! Even though it was a smaller portion, the salad bulked it out and added a satisfying crunch!

Replies

• NZ61RL
    NZ61RL Posts: 69
    Options
    Egg!!

I have been eating egg and lettuce for lunch. With a huge cup of water.

It's about all I have. It's simple and it is delish!

I tried to have popcorn but my popcorn machine short circuited the house.

Ooops, my bad! !
  • Foodiethinking
    Options
    Egg!!

Ooops, my bad! !

I love egg but have to mix the yolk and white together! I don't like them as much separately :)
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hummus with celery, carrots and sweet cherry tomatoes. Have this for lunch alot. Lots of crunch and fiber.
  • NZ61RL
    NZ61RL Posts: 69
    Options
    Egg!!

Ooops, my bad! !

I just boil them. I've been told to just put them in water I can't do it. I end up with something weird! Haha

I love egg but have to mix the yolk and white together! I don't like them as much separately :)
  • sedraaa
    Options
    My mum's salad it contains 1 big tomato 2-3 medium cucumbers 1/2 - 3/4 table spoon of pomegranate paste and one table spoon of extra virgin olive oil and some salt , it is so good btw i lost 1.5 pounds yesterday ( water weight ) i hope you lose weight too !

I wish you the best
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm about to enjoy my lunch of mackerel & chilli cheese stuffed mini peppers. YUM :heart: them
  • toomanireasons
    Options
    The Green Giant Steamers are fabulous, I follow the directions for the steaming of the whole green beans, then I transfer the steamed beans into a skillet with 1 TBSP of EVOO and toss then with minced garlic, sea salt and cracked black pepper. It tastes delicious. ! I do the same with the broccoli minus the garlic.
  • Foodiethinking
    Options
    I'm about to enjoy my lunch of mackerel & chilli cheese stuffed mini peppers. YUM :heart: them

Oooh that sounds yum! Canned mackeral or fresh?
  • otillie03103
    otillie03103 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I actually really really enjoyed my chocolate protein shake this morning. Some days I don't care for it, but this morning it tasted great with almond butter and mixed berries. Yum! I am looking forward to my carrots, red pepper slices and hummus for my snack later as well.
  • MaritzK
    MaritzK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My homemade healthy guacamole

1 avocado
    1 small onion
    150 ml greek yoghurt
    salt and pepper

Blend everything and that's it! Two big servings, each one 200 calories, or 4 small ones for 100 calories :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I love my whole day today!

Breakfast was a Greek yogurt smoothie with yogurt, banana, fresh-squeezed blood orange juice and chia seeds.
    Lunch is homemade tomato-cheddar soup, a Cara Care orange, pretzels with French onion dip.
    Dinner is Slow cooker roast beef with onions, mushrooms and peppers, homemade mashed potatoes and broccoli.

After all of that, I have about 850 calories left for wine, snacks, chocolate, etc. :smile:
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    For 217, I started my day with my favorite breakfast sandwich of all time! I'm addicted to it, I must admit. It's so soft, delicious, and super high in protein!
    I took half a cup of egg whites (67 calories), folded a piece of skim cheese into it (25 calories), and put it on a light english muffin (100 calories) that had plain whipped cream cheese (25 calories) on it already :)
    It's quick and easy to make, plus keeps me satisfied ^-^
  • Foodiethinking
    Options
    Mmmmm all sounds fab! especially the chocolate smoothie, I can imagine that being a really good pick-me-up in the mornings.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I made homemade split pea soup last night and that will be dinner tonight - mmmm I love it!

I am having a smoothie right now for a late breakfast :)

fresh - raspberries, strawberries, baby kale, spinach
    coconut water
    vanilla protein power
    flax seed & flax oil
    hemp hearts
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Homemade sausage, bean and spinach soup. Sooo good when I look outside at all the snow and below zero temps!
  • Whambam087
    Options
    Breakfast--vanilla greek yogurt with Kind brand peanut butter granola and blueberries and strawberries mixed in it. So delicious! I'm making it my new to go breakfast
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have grown to really love oatmeal. I used to hate it, but now that I've disovered ways to spruce it up... yum! Had it with peanut butter and jelly for breakfast today. I enjoyed every bite.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds with bleu cheese dressing for a dip.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I made a grilled cheese sandwich with feta, cheddar, and mozzarella. The whole thing, butter and bread and all, clocked in at just over 350 calories, and it tasted incredible. <3 (That said, in the olden days of not counting calories I would have used probably twice as much cheese and eaten two, lol.)
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Everything!!
    but especially some pan-fried cod (with a little bit of lemon) and home-made bread. Mmmm.