What's outside your gym?

Options

Replies

• 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    a parking lot and an actual massive park with a river and all. Probably to show the guys on the treadmill (at least in the summer) that they are only wasting money...
  • WaKay
    WaKay Posts: 314
    Options
    police station across the street, in a strip mall between a job assistance place and financial planner. Then there's the health food store on the end.
  • abickford82
    Options
    To the left is a Dialysis Clinic, in front is Starbucks, and Frozen yogurt shop (not at all healthy). To the right is a Pita Pit restaurant, and a tanning salon.
  • jdctrumpet
    jdctrumpet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty lucky when it comes to this. On one side is a Five Guys burger place. But on the other side there's a Zoe's Kitchen and a SaladWorks. Both of those places are delicious so I don't have to be tempted by Five Guys.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    An elementary school, a credit union, and Bandana's BBQ.

Let me tell you, a heaping plate of BBQ pork and beef beats the crap out of a protein shake after a workout.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    A flower shop, a few galleries, a little European bistro and an art school. All that and my gym overlook a little square filled with sculptures and hipsters. Not a bad view, actually. :)
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My house, my driveway, and other houses. My gym is in my garage. :happy:
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    That sucks, OP! Mine is set back behind a bunch of office buildings, adjacent to a town park with paved foot and bike trails, picnic areas, open field areas and some woods. However, the road the office building are situated on have myriad restaurants and drive-thrus, so I imagine people coming from that direction have more temptation than I. Thankfully the route I take to and from the gym doesn't pass by anything other than a few gas stations and a mall. :)
  • Bean1272
    Options
    Directly next door to my gym is a Cold Stone Creamery...... Good thing im lactose intolerant.:noway: :laugh:
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It's not what's outside the gym that gets me, it's those awesome protein shakes in the cafeteria. Granted, they aren't super high calorie, but they run, like, $7/each.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Dependson which one I am using (It's a network, and I can go to any in the network for free). My home base gym has an Urgent Care Center next door to the left, and a landscaping nursery to the right. In front is a huge city park with lots of trees and wooded areas. Behind is a large field, with some apartments, and storage units on the other side.

So, basically, snowdrifts, ice and cold winds
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    My gym shares a parking lot with a pub that has Guinness on tap. It makes for a difficult distraction at times for sure!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's at one end of a shopping center. The other end has Subway and Papa John's, and then two buildings down include another pizza place and a coffee shop.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My gym is at home so I just have a bunch of houses around my gym.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    The main academic building of my uni :tongue:

There is, however, an ice cream vending machine as you walk into the gym:laugh:
  • NZ61RL
    NZ61RL Posts: 69
    Options
    Within eyesignt from walking out the front door of my gym

- Applebee's
    - Papa Johns
    - Jimmy Johns (I wonder if they are cousins??)
    - KFC/Taco Bell which is right smack dab next to the gym
    - McDonalds
    - Arby's
    - Jumbo China
    - Burger King
    - Qudoba
    - Jasmine Mediterranean

I drive home the opposite way and am only taunted by some higher end restaurants and Trader Joe's.

Fun question!!

Oh gee!!
  • NZ61RL
    NZ61RL Posts: 69
    Options
    My gym is right next door to a frozen yogurt place, then a coffee shop, then a Chipotle. Not exactly healthy, but it could be worse. However, there's also a pizza place across the street, and another one around the corner, and a bagel shop a block away, and a diner down the block in both directions. Then again, I live in NYC, so I could basically be describing anywhere in the city. =P

I love the colour of your hair!!
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Wow guess I'm lucky! My gym is in a newly expanding area of the city, so right now closest thing is a gas station and Tim Hortons, it's a few minutes drive before seeing other things, Home Depot, Starbucks, etc. if I were to go to the gym downtown it would be a whole different story.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    A bowls green right outside reception, local football club beyond that oh and surrounded by fields full of horses :) The nearest shops are a few min walk away but nothing like fast food places.
    Another gym is next to the local tip lol
    The gym 2 mins from my house is on the same road as a pub, italian, subway, miso, sandwich shop, mexian, sainsburys road corner & another pub.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Apartment buildings. I live in one of them. Makes it pretty hard to make excuses about not going to the gym, that's for sure!