Seem to have hit plateau or not eating enough

Options
I have been working out & eat right for almost a year now. I have lost 36lbs. I am down to the last 5lbs that I would like to lose but if I can just add more tone & get leaner I am ok with staying my weight now. I am 35 5'2" and 120lbs. It goes up & down from 119 to 120 for the last two week. I was down to 118 before Xmas then the week of Xmas I got the flu & was not able to work out for 2 wks. ,y weight dropped to 116 then...probably loss of a bit of muscle. When I started back 120. I can't shake the number. I work out 6 days a week doing Turbo fire & Chalean extreme. Adding in insanity today. So my workouts burn alot of calories. I also wear a hear rate monitor while working out & I wear my fitbit force all day. My husband looked at my mfp app & said I was not eating enough. I have my daily calories set to 1500. Since I started really paying attention to my calories I always just ate to my goal. I did not think to eat till my net was my goal. It worked for me for so long I didn't think any different. Now I am wondering if that is why I am stuck at 120. There are so days on mfp that Iif I didn't log a meal that means we had lunch or dinner out. I try to eat clean. Take a look on my diary of this past Friday. I ate every 3 hours & tried to get all my calories in. I felt like I was eating all day long. I watched a few diary vlogs & was amazed at how less the people seemed to be eating. So am I eating too much or not enough? I am so confused about all this. I just want my progress to start again. Surely after this week I will see some scale & inch movement right?? I didn't think being sick would put me back so far.

Replies

• kelketchum
    kelketchum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So anyone have any advice???
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    your diary isn't open so we can't see what you're eating.

You'll probably get advice both ways - taking 200 calories off your intake, or adding it on, for at least 2 weeks should tell you if it helps.
  • kelketchum
    Options
    Ok I thought it was open to see. I changed it to open.
    Thanks!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Hmm nope your diary is still not open as in public. Also you weigh very little so you're presumably doing a lot of things right!
  • kelketchum
    Options
    Ugh! I think I did it right this time. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It seems right to me. Just make sure to weigh your food so you know you're eating exactly what you're logging.
  • clickchick18
    clickchick18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You may be working out too much. I went to my doc last week and was talking to her about how I had stopped losing even though I was working out 6 days a week. She said I needed to add in rest days. She also said I wasn't eating enough. I also wear a heart rate monitor so I base the extra calories I add off of it. For a moderate workout I go up to 1600( when I burn 500-700). I up it to 1700-1800 when I have an intense workout (burning 700-1000 calories). I also base it off of how I feel.