Need friends for motivation/remind me to avoid 3am tacos

Options
Hi, I just joined MFP last week. I'm 25 and about 154lbs and 5'4, looking to weigh about 120. I've been good at going to the gym, still working on getting a better diet. I eat well most of the week but then there's days like Friday night where I go to a party and drink and then am going to go home without drunkenly visiting the taco stand...but all my friends are going and I'm not ready to go home yet...you know?

So I'd like people to motivate me and to share concerns and problems with. Also, I don't have many friends on here, and if my feed was a little busier, it'd definitely keep me logging back in more often!

Anyway...if anyone wants to add me, especially if you're a similar height/weight, all new friends are welcomed!

Replies

• Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    you can add me!!! say no to the drunken taco lol
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Lol. LOVE the topic line! Cheese is my downfall. We have too much i n the house and I love it all!

I can imagien the MFP police coming in late night and saying "Sir, please step away from the fridge and slowly put the cheese down!"

Best of luck! One don't sweat one night out now and then! Have fun! Make this loss a marathon and not a sprint and you will be much happier!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a 3am taco run as long as you plan ahead for it.
  • noelr56
    noelr56 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    . I eat well most of the week but then there's days like Friday night where I go to a party and drink and then am going to go home without drunkenly visiting the taco stand...but all my friends are going and I'm not ready to go home yet...you know?

I can totally relate!! Many an occasion has my calorie intake for the day (including cocktails) been sabotaged by late night indulgence! I'll add you and maybe we can resist the urge together!
  • ChrisSpencer71
    Options
    Exactly. Plan ahead, have a taco. Have two less drinks, have three tacos lol ;)
  • z71krystal
    Options
    Hey Im adding you we have similar stats and goals.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    With such a small amount to lose, set your goal no higher than 1 lb. The closer you are to goal, the more slowly you lose.

Eat "good" or "clean" or "healthy" (whatever those words mean to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats (like tacos) into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to binges.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • luciafernanda
    luciafernanda Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's hard planning ahead though :( My plan when I went out was "no way am I going for food...I'm going STRAIGHT HOME at 2:30am"...I even set an alarm on my phone to remind me to go home haha. Then all my friends left with me and they wanted them.

Also I didn't realize how many calories were in beer before I logged them the next day. Now I know, it'll be easier to plan my nights out.

Oh my god...6 beers are like 800 calories! Though...the blessing was that thanks to having generally eating less than usual throughout the week, that was enough to get me tipsy enough :) Usually I'd have drunk more.
  • luciafernanda
    luciafernanda Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thanks for the link
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! I had a glass of wine on Saturday followed by Doritos & salsa...:sad: I haven't had a glass of wine in like 2 weeks and now I'm up 2 pounds (water weight) from the sodium in the Doritos, most likely. I'm 5' 4" and would like to lose 30 more pounds. I'm on here everday, you can add me if you like. Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • ChrisSpencer71
    Options
    Yeah beer is a killer for calories but ya gotta live too. I have a friend who is into competition bodybuilding and even she goes hard on fast food and booze one night a week, even when she's training. She told me, "One night isn't going to make you fat." You only have one life. Don't deny yourself anything. :)