Changing my mind!

Options
Yesterday I posted a synopsis of my last three months experience with weight loss, exercise, etc. One of the things I said was that I'm tired of making excuses for being fat and that I'm having to retrain my mindset and attitude from "I CAN'T" to "I CAN!"

With that, the following is something I read online written by a women, her own personal daily pledge as it were. I've adopted it for myself and thought I'd share it here:

Daily Pledge

I am going to make this a wonderful day.

I can accomplish anything that I set out to do.

My health is important, so I'll continue to exercise and eat right to make the most of it.

Every day I get a little stronger, a little wiser and a little happier.

Success is not in (never failing), but in rising each time you fall.

It is within my power to become a healthy, fit person.

I am doing this for me.

Excuses are not my style, I find ways to make things happen.

No matter what happened yesterday, today I begin all over again.

Time is on my side. Every hour that I practice healthy habits, I get closer to my goal.

The healthy person I am becoming is not a dream, but a vision of the future ... and I have the power to make it happen.

My body deserves respect.

Worthwhile things ... like my health ... require patience and work.

Some the slimmest and healthiest people I know were at one time overweight. What sets them apart is that they stuck with it.

All my goals are within reach if I care enough to work towards them.

Replies

• marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That is so great. I am keeping a copy of that! Success with your progress
  • kvan64
    kvan64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
    I pledge to love myself more than I love to over eat! To change my mind to set from I SHOULD to I WILL..
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I think it is important to have positive reinforcement
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I am going to copy it and keep it handy when I am going through a rouch patch. :flowerforyou:
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I am going to copy it and keep it handy when I am going through a rouch patch. :flowerforyou:

That's cool!