Aw *kitten*.

Options
The family got donuts this morning and I had two. There goes the day's calories! What do you do on days like this?

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie -
    It happens... the most important thing is to not beat yourself up over it.
    When I have days/moments like that I just make sure to drink a lot of water, try to get a lot of exercise and eat very light and healthy for the rest of the day. What you don't want to do is just throw in the towel for the rest of the day. Two donuts isn't going to hurt you. As long as you are consistent 90% of the time, once in a while is not a big deal :) I hope this helped and good luck!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    You still have 1000 calories left, just be sensible about the rest of the day. Get some protein and be prepared for a possible sugar crash in an hour or two.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Log it and keep on truckin'. Yes, you'll eat more than your calories (unless you stop at the donuts, but I don't recommend it). Maybe try to get some extra exercise in today/this week. Two donuts won't kill your diet. Good luck!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it...its over with...now all you have to do is watch your cals closer for the day...You'll be fine!!! It happens to us all!!! My sis has brought me doughnuts many mornings and I just learn to adjust to each food that I encounter during the day. Don't make yourself feel bad because you enjoyed something. Get out and do a little exercise if you want more cals to work with as well..you have a whole day to achieve more! :)

Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful day!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Excercise and earn some extras cals!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat donuts but if I did then I would log as a "cheat meal". :smile:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I go and get some beers down me, and then probably another donut...
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Log it accurately & honestly, and move on.

Look at your nutrition for the past 7 days, not just today. Eat "good" or "clean" or "healthy" (whatever those words mean to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats (like donuts) into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to binges.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    The family got donuts this morning and I had two. There goes the day's calories! What do you do on days like this?

Two donuts put you over your calories?
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You still have 1000 calories left, just be sensible about the rest of the day. Get some protein and be prepared for a possible sugar crash in an hour or two.

Yup! That's what would happen to me anyway!

Lots of great advice here, drink lots of water and try to get some extra exercise in. Don't let it derail you!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    mmmm... donuts! :-D
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

That's what I was thinking.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Exercise tonight?

And then eat another donut. :wink:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

That's what I was thinking.
    Exactly, huh?
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Eat a nice big dark green salad for lunch with lemon, or dip your fork into the dressing. Then a light dinner with chicken breast or other very lean protein. Just adjust the rest of your day and things will be fine. Also try to get some exercise in.
  • MarieRich
    MarieRich Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    They did not put me over my calories but did cost me 700. Many of my meals are fish and veggies so I should recover okay. Just hate starting the day like that then continuing with the nasty trend.

Thanks for helping me not beat myself up. Logged 20 min. on the elliptical so far and grabbing the water. Snow day with the kids should help me keep moving!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Excercise and earn some extras cals!

I concur don't let a donut defeat you!
  • 2spamagnet
    2spamagnet Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Skip a meal coming up if you can do it without much effort. I find it easy to skip breakfast and have a normal lunch if I get a little coffee in the morning. Look at the week +/- calories and try to make up for it.

Same decisions you will need to make for the rest of your life on maintenance calories. Calories are like savings - if you spend too much here today, save a little tomorrow or the next day (or earlier in the day, the day before, etc.).
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    mmmm... donuts! :-D
    this \m/
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    what do you mean there goes today?

2 donuts is between 400-600 calories. So to be at maintenance for the day you still have about 1400 cal for the day. Don't be so hasty....the day has just started and you can start now to make better choices. Eat lots of raw veggies and protien today. It'll keep you fuller longer so you wont be so hungry. Drink more water as well.

You can easily stay within maintenance calories today and tomorrow be better. Don't throw in the towel so quickly.