GM foods causing Hashimoto's and hormone imbalances.

Options
I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's although I've been suffering from many many symptoms for at least 10 years. My sister and mother both have it as well. I cant help but think the foods we eat are causing it to be worse! I mean what is this low VIT D issue? Who thinks that our digestive systems are not function properly and thats why we dont absorb it? When you have low VIT D you cant exersize without hurting yourself. It is so frustrating!! I think GM foods strip our bowels of the ability to absorb vitamins and they are upsetting our immune systems which is what is causing the disease to begin with! . Comments apprecitated.

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    This might not end well.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I get what the Vitamin D deficiency "epidemic" and GMOs have to do with each other?
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's although I've been suffering from many many symptoms for at least 10 years. My sister and mother both have it as well. I cant help but think the foods we eat are causing it to be worse! I mean what is this low VIT D issue? Who thinks that our digestive systems are not function properly and thats why we dont absorb it? When you have low VIT D you cant exersize without hurting yourself. It is so frustrating!! I think GM foods strip our bowels of the ability to absorb vitamins and they are upsetting our immune systems which is what is causing the disease to begin with! . Comments apprecitated.

Forgive me but isn't most vitamin D absorbed through the skin?!?!?! What have our digestive systems got to do with this particular vitamin?!
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    OK, I think the real question is - Troll, or advertisement?
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    GM foods have already been banned in many countries. Yet, I keep eating them. :(