JM - No more trouble zones

Options
Each month in addition to my daily dog hiking and an elliptical workout about 20 times a month; I pick a workout video to follow. I am considering doing Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones for February and wondered what others feeling were on it. Time, frequency, burn - more cardio or more muscle use? I know I could just start and see but once I pick one I tend to do it for the month like it or not. I am finishing Jackie Warner's Power Circuit Training for January and loved it. I really like using my muscles!

Replies

• rylaroo
    Options
    I like it - I certainly feel it in the zones that it targets. It does not require heavy weights or a ton of space or a ton of coordination. I like it as a mix in. When I was consistent with it (2x a week) along with cardio I did see results. And I really felt much stronger in my core.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried this one, my favorite JM is the banish fat boost metabolism video. It's killer!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Thank you Rylaroo. That is the type of info I was after. I am using 8# dumbbells for most workouts, 5# for some moves and 12# for others so I have the weights covered I think. Great that it doesn't require much coordination since I missed out on receiving much of that. I also don't catch on to complicated moves right off but get better as the month goes on. My personal challenge would be to complete it 12 times during February so that is just a little more than what you were doing.

I see you are new and don't have a ton of friends yet. I just keep a few friends but if you would like you may send me a request. Only if you think we can help each other though. I am 52, live in the country in the Midwest, work all the time, raise dogs and have horses, love the Cardinals and drink too much occasionally. No children. I only have friends with open diaries unless there is a really valid reason to have it closed. After all it is tough to help someone if you don't know what they are doing.
  • judykat7
    Options
    I will have to pick that one up sometime Gypsy. I was trying to pick something from my collection that I haven't used yet. Thank you for the lead.
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have done both (NMTZ and BFBM) and loved them; they actually work GREAT in tandem with each other. NMTZ is strenght but you will be working it! I used a combo of 5 and 8 lb weights with an occasional 3lb weight thrown in (hello, Surrenders!) My burn was usually 200 calories, but this isn't a step based workout. You will be lunging and squatting your head off.

BFBM is cardio, mainly plyometrics. My burn according to fitbit was usually 300-350 calories.

I would say do them each 1-2 times a week for some kick butt results, Judy!

PS: THe only reason I stopped was b/c of the pregnancy; too much jumping in BFBM and I am too tired to do the full 50 minutes for NMTZ-sticking to Ripped in 30 3 days a week and Leslie Sansone on the other days.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    No more trouble zone is my favorite JM workout. It is much less cardio than the the 30 DS and ripped. It is really focused on strength training. How much you get out of it depends on the size of dumbbells you are choosing. The girls on the screen using ridiculously tiny ones, but if you use proper ones, you can get very nice benefit. NMTZ was the DVD that started me on strength training 2 +years ago . I started with 3-5-8 lb for triceps/biceps / chest, but progressed to 8/10/15 lb within a couple of months.After that I was really to moved on to P90X. I used NMZ 2-3 times a week. I won't recommend using more than 3 times a week, because it works the entire body both upper and lower. If you choose dumbbells that challenging enough, you should rest a day and do not do it 2 days in a row. Good Luck!
  • Jocampgrl
    Jocampgrl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This is a really great workout! It targets all muscle groups and you really feel the burn afterwards. If you have any knee problems it may not work in the long run bc JM prefers squats and lunges but otherwise it is phenomenal.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here's info on NMTZ's

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/jillian-michaels-no-more-trouble-zones-5641#

No cardio - just 45 minutes of strength training with a 5 minute warm-up (ok - likely cardio there) and a 5 minute stretch

I did this one a couple times years ago....I thought it was ok.
  • judykat7
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think this will work fine for me. I get my cardio from the elliptical so was hoping it was more heavily strength focused. I think this will be my February DVD challenge! I think I will try to complete it 12 times in February.