What excercise should I do? Need to loose 10-15Lbs!!!

Options
Hi there,

I am 5'7" and I weigh about 153 pounds I am 36 years old. I sit at a desk most of the day.
I was shocked when I got on the scale as I am usually around 145-147. I am getting married in October and need to start the hunt for a dress BUT I don’t want to try a dress on looking like this. I know I will be upset at the way I look and I want it to be a positive experience. I am a pretty self-conscious person. I have always wanted to look beautiful on this day - and part of that is finding me beautiful.

Any advice?? How can I shed 10-15 pounds asap??

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    You are already a healthy weight for your height so shedding "10-15 lbs ASAP" would not be advisable.

If you really wish to lose a few vanity pounds then aim to lose just 0.5 lb per week to ensure that your loss is coming mostly from fat (not muscle).

In terms of weight loss, diet is the most important factor. Measure and log everything you eat and stick to your calorie goal.

If you wish to exercise then the best exercise is one that you enjoy that you can see yourself doing indefinitely.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    In order to lose weight all that is really required is a deficit.

However if you want to change your body, I suggest lifting weights.
    Good starter's programs are :

Stronglifts 5x5
    starting strength
    New Rules of Lifting

I highly suggest you read this :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Any exercises that you like to do, though I'd recommend strength or resistance training as that's going to make a bigger difference in how your body looks right now.
This discussion has been closed.