1 year / 25 pounds / before and after

Options
deckerp
deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
I joined MyFitnessPal on September 8, 2009. I had knee surgery earlier in the year and they finally gave me the OK to use the elliptical machine I already had. I had been pretty steady on the weight for the last few years. I'm a little obsessive about recording my weight but hadn't been trying to lose weight. I was between 190 and 200 for the last ten years.

So once I was able to start using the elliptical and joined MyFitnessPal I started to actually try to lose weight. It came off pretty slowly at first. Then I'd lose some for a while and then plateau for a bit. It seemed to me like the measurements would change when the weight wasn't and vice versa.

No one seemed to notice until one day this spring when my manager came to visit our site. He usually works in PA and I'm in IA. When he saw me he immediately asked if I'd lost weight. I think those that see us every day can't see the little changes. It's even hard to see it ourselves and we know what's going on and measure it.

I actually hit my original goal number of 175 on the nose yesterday. I've been a bit below and a bit over recently. I plan to try to maintain for a month or so and then see if it feels right to lose another 10 pounds or so. I'd be pretty thin at 165 so we'll just see what happens when I try to eat right and exercise.

I've been using the elliptical 7 days a week with 2 sessions of 45 minutes each for most of this year. There were times when I'd only do one session but most of the time I'd do two. I'm going to back off on that and back off the calorie intake to match and let myself rest. I seem to have a cold and want to get over that and then I can start up again maybe.

BEFORE
270905_2666.jpg

AFTER
270905_7053.jpg

Thanks to my friends on MyFitnessPal and of course the creators too. It's been a good year.

P.S.
Same tan huh? I don't get out without my shirt on much. I'm a golfer and there are usually rules against that.

Replies

• kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • Winter0916
    Options
    WTG! Congrats!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    congrats on your loss......how great to be at your goal and working on maintenance....hmmmm, i wonder what that feels like?? let me know wouldya cause i still have some more to go to get there.... :wink:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Wow this was very motivational for me!! Thanks and Congrats you look great!!!:smile:
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You look great! congrats :happy:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    The change is very evident. This should be inspiring visuals for others to 'hang in there'.

Congrats on reaching your goal weight.
  • deckerp
    Options
    Thanks guys! It's been a good year. If only there was more time to go golfing.......
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    :drinker:
  • luv4mart
    Options
    Congrats glad to hear calorie counting really works, slowly though right?
  • luv4mart
    Options
    Congrats glad to hear calorie counting really works, slowly though right?
  • deckerp
    Options
    The progress seemed kind of slow as I was going through the year. There are always those that are going faster than you. Just like on the highway.

It also seemed the progress went it fits and starts. Now when I look back at a chart of the whole year the progress looks pretty steady.

I guess we're too close to it on a daily or even weekly basis. It's a long term thing. It's nice to be on the 365+ end of it now though. Hopefully I can transition into a maintenance mode without a bunch of swinging up and down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!