Need supportive friends!Ladies Only Please!

Options
Ok ladies!!! Here I am with round two of MFP! I was on here before a few months ago and totally gave up. I fell off track and honestly I didn't care. I can't live like this anymore. I feel awful and I'm sick of it. I woke up the other morning and was so upset with myself when I saw my husband weigh himself................turns out I'm heavier then he is. uhhhhhh, I don't like that.
I NEED TO GET HEALTHY AGAIN!!!
So, I need some serious support, guidance, and laughs. I would love to have friends that have an open food diary because I REALLY need ideas on what to eat. HELP!!!
I don't need anyone to harp on me if I don't eat "clean" or if I have a cookie. Go somewhere else lol ;)
Thank you in advance for your help!!

OH and please send a small message with your request so I know you read this and that you aren't one of those people that just want friends to have a large friend list LOL I NEED REAL SUPPORTIVE FRIENDS!

Replies

• BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Why ladies only? I have found a wealth of help, understanding and info from the males on my friend list. To each his own but there is something to learn from everyone. :-)
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you want...
  • Ernestina40
    Options
    Hello I was in the same boat. On here three or four times just gave up totally. No I am back with suppose and find it is the best. I am on a 18 day streak with tracking and I have lost 17 pounds to date. Don't give up you can reach your goal. :wink:
  • Its_kay_10
    Options
    I understand the ladies only thing. It's awkward in the beginning but sometimes men can be helpful and motivational.
  • lizp94
    lizp94 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm sure there are a lot of great people on here with a lot of wonderful advice,etc. but it's my own personal decision. :) Maybe as time goes by I am sure I will have ladies and gents but it's just awkward for me right now. No offense to anyone! ;-)
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I've lost 73lbs with MFP.... I currently have 7lbs to go. I am on everyday logging and commenting. Good luck! :smile:

Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • laughtersmom
    Options
    OMGsh! I am heavier than my husband too, and have been since I was pregnant! Ofcourse he can lose 5 lbs in a couple of minutes it seems... I totally understand. I just got on here yesterday and would love more friendly support. Friend me!

BTW, how do you all get that weight loss progress bar to show on all of your posts? And does anyone know why my strength training exercises don't log as calories burned?
  • Lynnwannabethin
    Options
    Like you I have started and stopped and get frustrated with myself. I'm really trying to make it work this time which is why I am also looking for a support group. I need to lose about 60lbs and that seems insurmountable sometimes. I am not perfect with my diet because if I do that I just end up quitting! I eat the things I like, but I am trying to focus on moderation and staying within my daily calorie range. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!
  • Its_kay_10
    Options
    OMGsh! I am heavier than my husband too, and have been since I was pregnant! Ofcourse he can lose 5 lbs in a couple of minutes it seems... I totally understand. I just got on here yesterday and would love more friendly support. Friend me!

BTW, how do you all get that weight loss progress bar to show on all of your posts? And does anyone know why my strength training exercises don't log as calories burned?

Of you go into the Apps tab you will see the ticker option and thats where you get it.
  • princesskila
    princesskila Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello:)

I am a laid bag kinda person with only a few friends. I also want only ladies for friends. (think I have 5) I've tried to get healthy and given up more times than I can count. My bf doesn't take me seriously because of that but poo on him then:) Anyways I try to be witty with my posts and feel free to browse through my diary. I'm not perfect and don't care if you are. If you wanna be mfp friends and give it a go add me:)

cheers
  • smithsara7272
    smithsara7272 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am too looking for new fiends to help support and cheer each other on. If any one is interested. Thanks,
  • xoxlivsy
    xoxlivsy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've tried almost every diet plan and realized the only thing that really works for me is eating healthfully and logging my calories here. I lost 10 pounds on here last year (then gained it all back) and so far I've lost 5. I'm trying to lose another 50. My fiancé is trying to lose weight too, and its soo discouraging when he loses like 5 pounds in a week and I lose like a pound.

I've been overweight since my senior year of high school and now I'm a junior in college. I definitely want to get in shape before the summer, so I can actually enjoy myself a the beach this year without feeling overcome with anxiety and self-esteem issues.
  • norelmsuarez
    norelmsuarez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies :) Need to lose at least 40 lbs would like to support each other too! feel free to add me ;)
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are a lot of great people on here with a lot of wonderful advice,etc. but it's my own personal decision. :) Maybe as time goes by I am sure I will have ladies and gents but it's just awkward for me right now. No offense to anyone! ;-)

No offense taken and I certainly understand. Good luck and don't rule it out, I've learned quite a bit from some of the male friends on here that I would have otherwise missed out on.
  • laughtersmom
    Options
    Thanks! I got it.
  • blackkappi
    blackkappi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just send you a friend request :) I did leave you a message.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • lizp94
    lizp94 Posts: 14
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL FOR THE FRIEND REQUESTS! I am overwhelmed by the amount of support that you all have put out there!
  • Ondreacrandall
    Ondreacrandall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also have a "ladies only" policy. I have 30 pounds to lose and could use all the support I can get. Any of you ladies are welcome to add me. We can do this!!!
  • MissKarlee89
    MissKarlee89 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a regular logger and I won't harp on or judge for not eating "clean" because I certainly don't deprive myself.. If I want something ill eat it, it's all about moderation Hun. Add me if u want.. I dnt have an open diary yet because I'm just not ready.. But hoping to be soon :) x