Excuse my evilness..

Options
Please people for the love of all that is good in this world..I beg of you...I PLEAD of you...you LOSE weight so that your clothes get LOOSE...please make my day and learn how to spell these similar words on this site. I know it is petty, I know I am being crabby but make my Monday and help me out over here.....

Replies

• CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    It must be terrible to get so easily annoyed by others' lack of English-language mastery. I suggest a hug, a nap, and a protein shake. Happy Monday!
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Ha ha..I think it is one of those things that accumulate over time and I can't deal with come Monday...lol
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Haha, I have this same pet peeve.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Haha, I have this same pet peeve.
    I know it is weird that it bothers me so much..but I guess that is what a pet peeve is right? :) Glad I am not the only silly one! :)
  • MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    Way to lose control over such a common mistake. I think you should reconsider next time you feel like letting loose an opinion that seems as pointed and cruel.

Actually this bothers me constantly, but I'm too much of a wuss to actually say anything.
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It's too bad English doesn't make any sense huh? "Lose" really should be spelled "luse" (like "ruse") or be pronounced like "rose." I'm endlessly impressed by people who have learned English as a second language. It's quite a mess of a language.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    It's a minor nuisance. Not every Pal has English as a first language and even those of us that do make mistakes sometimes. We're all aware of what they mean to say.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Please people for the love of all that is good in this world..I beg of you...I PLEAD of you...you LOSE weight so that your clothes get LOOSE...please make my day and learn how to spell these similar words on this site. I know it is petty, I know I am being crabby but make my Monday and help me out over here.....

Hay you dont need to get so upset over other people's grammer. Even though their not perfect and they're sentences may be a bit lose, at least there trying.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options

Hay you dont need to get so upset over other people's grammer. Even though their not perfect and they're sentences may be a bit lose, at least there trying.
    AHHHHHHH!!!!!! <runs screaming from the room>…
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yep - an irritant for me too!

1544398_644111038965540_1779815490_n.jpg
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    It drives me nuts, too, along with the myriad of other grammar and spelling mistakes. At one time I wanted to be an editor (as it happens, editing is part of my job now).

Not that I don't make mistakes occasionally, too, mind you, so I try to let it go. I rationalize that either auto-correct got them or maybe English isn't their first language unless the errors are just really ridiculous. Or unintentionally funny. Then I have to point it out.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    It's too bad English doesn't make any sense huh? "Lose" really should be spelled "luse" (like "ruse") or be pronounced like "rose." I'm endlessly impressed by people who have learned English as a second language. It's quite a mess of a language.

No kidding. Trying to teach my 5 year old to read (or spell) and I don't know how anyone ever learns how! Literally every second word breaks the rules!

(That said, "lose" and "loose" does drive me bonkers)
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Man I hate when I loose control. Your right. This are definately worth posting about.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    This is the first thread I have ever seen on this subject...
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    People who misuse ellipses tend to annoy me (hint). This said, my posts are replete with mistakes on forums as I make no effort to have them not be. Some people are more educated than other people, there is no need to point it out on a fitness forum. :)

Edit: I had made a fairly egregious mistake and decided to fix it. The irony :p
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You sound hangry.:flowerforyou:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Twinsies
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i kind of like the idea of loosing weight.

i picture something like a huge canister of pillsbury dough popping open, spilling out and taking down power lines, smooshing people, etc.

eventually godzilla comes and fights the loosed weight and saves the city.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    me too

I wonder why no one else has EVER thought to post this.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    in...

...for women with loose morals losing weight!