Pineapple Angel Food Cake!!

Options
ilovelucy711
ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
You will only need two ingredients.

One box of angel food cake (16-18 oz box.)
One can of crushed pineapple. (20 oz)

Mix the two ingredients together and pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

This dessert is really good. If you want top with some whipped cream and fresh strawberries.

Oh, best part the entire pan is about 480 calories. It serves 12 servings, which makes it only 40 calories a serving!

Replies

• chocolateandbutterscotch
    Options
    Love it, thanks!

Headed to the store after work.
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I will be eating the whole thing...with whip cream.
  • ilovelucy711
    Options
    Haha ;) I probably would too but there are 8 in my household!
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    mmmm sounds delicious!
  • SKMC0214
    SKMC0214 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    this looks and sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing.
  • KatC_88
    KatC_88 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hadthis last night actually! I didn't believe that's how many cals are in it because it was so good!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    :smile: Yummy...gonna try
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Sounds nice :flowerforyou:, especially with the strawberries. I'll have to try this.

Carrot cake with a subbed can of crushed pineapple or a can of pumpkin and optional shredded carrot is also really nice and lowish cal. Homemade cream cheese frosting with splenda and real vanilla is also an extra special treat for lower cals.
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Mix the two ingredients together and pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

This dessert is really good. If you want top with some whipped cream and fresh strawberries.

Oh, best part the entire pan is about 480 calories. It serves 12 servings, which makes it only 40 calories a serving!

What brand of cake mix are you using? Most of the one's I have checked into bring just the whole cake alone to around 1680 as far as calories and that is not including the pineapple.
  • ilovelucy711
    Options

What brand of cake mix are you using? Most of the one's I have checked into bring just the whole cake alone to around 1680 as far as calories and that is not including the pineapple.

Y'all, I made a super opps for this recipe! It's more like 190 calories per serving if you get 12 servings out of the pan instead of 40 calories.