Not Eating Enough??

Options
Ok, any other time I've dieted...I go nuts. Wanting something delicious and wonderful and carb and sugar loaded.

This time, for some blissful reason, I'm not like that. In three weeks, have not cheated or wanted to cheat yet.

I exercise, eat healthy. But the thing is, I'm never hungry! I am taking no diet or appetite pills. Strictly the less calories, more exercise routine.

So is my body telling me I don't need it? If you look at my diary, yesterday was bad for not eating enough. But I don't feel bad, or hungry.

Now, I have an odd schedule and do not wake up till later in the morning, so I never eat breakfast because I'm not awake for it. I follow my husbands schedule and he works night. Otherwise we would never see each other. So I'm up till 2am or so, wake up between 10:30am to 11am. Workout, eat lunch. Wake him up.

I then eat dinner between 6pm and 7pm. And maybe snack a little later.

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Usually when people have a Topic that says Not Eating Enough, or am I eating enough.. they usually aren't.. so why even ask the question.. Sure its 3 weeks, its easy to eat under 1000 calories for a few weeks.. but when weeks turn to months, and your muscle starts disappearing, fatigue sets in, mood swings, and maybe some hair falls out.. you will really wonder why you didn't eat correctly for your activity level..
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Your diary only goes back to the 17th. If you're logging accurately and weighing your food (not underestimating portions), I'd say you're not eating enough. A week and a half of eating that way will not cause any serious damage, and my guess is that you'll make up for it soon. People don't restrict themselves below 1000 calories and get away with it for long. That is, unless you have an eating disorder like anorexia.

I've heard that for some people, exercise is an appetite suppressant. For me personally, it's not, but for you it may be. Use your head and eat the calories you're allotted. I don't know if you're prone to binge or not, but restriction may put you more at risk for a eat-everything-in-sight day.

Some will say "Listen to your body" and you can do that all you want, but you aren't getting enough protein on 1000 calories or less a day. You will likely lose significant muscle mass along with fat mass, ending with a body that is less than ideal at your goal weight.
  • lynleeg88
    lynleeg88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Usually when people have a Topic that says Not Eating Enough, or am I eating enough.. they usually aren't.. so why even ask the question.. Sure its 3 weeks, its easy to eat under 1000 calories for a few weeks.. but when weeks turn to months, and your muscle starts disappearing, fatigue sets in, mood swings, and maybe some hair falls out.. you will really wonder why you didn't eat correctly for your activity level..

Ah, so that is why I still feel fine. Just haven't had the deficit long enough. And I should have said two weeks. I had three set in my mind cause I start week 3 of T25 today.

Thank you.
    Your diary only goes back to the 17th. If you're logging accurately and weighing your food (not underestimating portions), I'd say you're not eating enough. A week and a half of eating that way will not cause any serious damage, and my guess is that you'll make up for it soon. People don't restrict themselves below 1000 calories and get away with it for long. That is, unless you have an eating disorder like anorexia.

I've heard that for some people, exercise is an appetite suppressant. For me personally, it's not, but for you it may be. Use your head and eat the calories you're allotted. I don't know if you're prone to binge or not, but restriction may put you more at risk for a eat-everything-in-sight day.

Some will say "Listen to your body" and you can do that all you want, but you aren't getting enough protein on 1000 calories or less a day. You will likely lose significant muscle mass along with fat mass, ending with a body that is less than ideal at your goal weight.

I have no anorexia, that is for sure!

Maybe the exercise is an appetite suppressant? I had not heard of that before. And I will work harder at eating all my calories back, and getting in more protein. I did notice I am lacking it that almost daily.

Thank you both for your feedback, I appreciate it.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Try to eat at least 1200 calories every day. While you exercise and lose weight over the long term, if you aren't getting enough of certain vitamins and minerals YOU WILL lose muscle and bone. It is difficult (without being under constant doctor's care in a medically controlled environment) to get all the vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats, fiber, complex carbohydrates, etc. and do it thru a diet under 1200 calories.

Trust me, I've done the math.

4 orthopedic surgeries and 2 bone grafts later, I'm a big advocate for proper nutrition while dieting. Learn from my fail.