Hello - 40 kg to lose, and not daunted :)

Options
Hello all you awesome people! You are such an inspiration, thanks both for sharing your journeys and for the valuable advice I find here. I have been on MFP for 2 weeks, tried it once two years ago for a few days but then my life fell apart and I needed time to pick up the pieces. This time it's for real.

Topic title says most about me really, the rest is in my profile... If you want to friend me, please do. I am an INTJ so I'll probably be the friend who helps you analyze things coolly and gives you an honest opinion when you ask for one. That said, I respect and sympathize with emotions too. But I'm not likely to give you a daily pep-talk. I am very likely to give you a hand/shoulder in your real, big trouble spots, if/when they come, and help you work them out.

A bit more practical info that may be other people can relate to:
- I live in Montreal - hello, 2 meters of snow per year... if winter is one of your "diet and fitness saboteurs", I hear you
- I am doing this slowly, would much rather lose 0.5 kg a week safely than lose 1 kg per week and get gallbladder stones (not saying you will, but I am at risk) or block my metabolism (history of hypothyroidism in my family).
- I am doing this on a budget (one person working at home, one student until the end of 2014)
- I am doing it while cooking for family, and not trying to place any restrictions on what they eat - making sure daughter has adequate nutrition, and husband is actually looking to gain weight :) So much the better - I will be living like this for the rest of my life
- I used to be an emotional eater. I am converting to an emotional runner/sportswoman - if feeling bad, punch/run/kick it out!

Good luck on your journey all!