Peanut Butter 2, Has anyone tried????

Options
Hi Guys,

I love peanut butter and just read about something called Peanut butter 2, Apparently it is peanut butter that has gone through the process of having 85% fat squeezed out then dehydrated so it comes in a powder form.

I would really love to try this as i can add it to my smooties, skinny banana bread etc.

What did you think??

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    It's peanut flour reconstituted, not something I would use as a replacement on my crumpets.:bigsmile:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No way. I love peanut butter in all it's fatty glory!
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've tried the chocolate PB2. It's probably different than you'd expect, not as thick as peanut butter and definitely more bitter, but I absolutely love it on celery. I'm waiting for it to go on sale again and I'm going to stock up.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I eat regular Skippy creamy PB in moderation. Don't care not giving it up. I would rather die.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I've been using it in shakes and my homemade granola bars. It works fine for that. I can't imagine it on a sandwich, though. Or (my favorite) used as a dip for apples.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    No way. I love peanut butter in all it's fatty glory!

^ What he said
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I use it to bake with to give an extra bit of peanut butter flavor but that's about it, once my jar is gone I won't be buying more
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I use it to make smoothies and they are delicious. I put in pb2, flax seed, raw honey, and almond milk.
  • Sarabelle43
    Options
    I love it. I use both the original and the one with chocolate (same calories) in smoothies. I think it would go excellent in baked goods.
  • collegegirl713
    collegegirl713 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I use it with my waffles and honey. I actually really like it as long as you don't expect the full creaminess of the full fat stuff. I also mix it with some cool whip free and eat it with some sliced apples or bananas for a nice dipping sauce.
  • ldimicco
    ldimicco Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just bought a 2 pack (1lb chocolate pb2 and 1 lb regular) for about $16 on Amazon. My favorite way to use it is stirred into vanilla or plan Greek yogurt. Yum! I love peanut butter and this does a good job of satisfying my craving if I don't have a lot of calories left for the day. Walmart has It too.
  • erinknurse1
    Options
    I love PB2! I have used it for for chocolate PB smoothies, and reconstitute it to dip apples and celery in. I like to mix honey into it as well. There is also a chocolate PB flavor. Easy to bring to the office for a healthy snack, just add a little bottled water and voila! I have found it at Wal-Mart and Kroger and will continue to purchase in the future. It is easier to travel with powder than it is with a goopy container of PB. :)
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i have tried and it's pretty good, the chocolate flavor is better than the regular flavor! it's expensive though so i don't buy it much
  • Duracelbunie
    Duracelbunie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Its really good, u can't really tell the difference in taste. I love the chocolate flavored more than the original.
  • HeidiR119
    Options
    I haven't personally...... I too am a fan of regular full fat peanut butter....(JIF)

I also really love Jif's Almond Butter..... 1 T of that on a banana....... mmmmmmm :)
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I like it and have gone through several jars. I use it as a way to add a bit of protein and some flavor to things like oatmeal and smoothies. I've never tried re-constituting it and using it as a direct replacement for peanut butter; I still use regular (all natural, just peanuts) peanut butter too.
  • FitPhDiva
    Options
    I use the one with chocolate flavor added to it. I've never actually "made" peanut butter with it, but I find it's good for adding to my protein shakes -- especially when I get tired of a flavor & just need something different. Overall, I like it...
  • blgmw2
    blgmw2 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just had it this morning in my oatmeal. It doesn't take the place of my jiffy but it does well mixing it in something to give it the PB flavor. Delicious in smoothies!
  • sparklepo86
    Options
    PB2 IS GREAT! Trust me I also LOVE peanut butter and I'm not one of those people who says that things like tofu ice cream taste the same as regular ice cream. Let's great real, but once you add the water to PB2 regular or chocolate is really tastes great, All of the flavor is retained, but it doesn't have the oily texture. It is also really good in smoothies.
  • ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use it in my protien shakes:

1/2 to 1 cup H2o
    1 cup vanilla unsweeten almond milk
    1 scoop fudge brownie whey
    1 sm bananna
    1 serv choc PB2
    Ice

Delicious!!