Whole Wheat Pitas

Options
I really like having something to wrap things up in, like a greek salad wrapped up in a whole wheat pita, or a falafel wrap, etc... but I was wondering. Is there a healthier option, or a healthier brand of pitas that anyone knows about?

The ones I am eating now are 200 calories for one pita... that seems like a lot to me. Or is that normal, and still healthy?

Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• hannakw
    hannakw Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really like having something to wrap things up in, like a greek salad wrapped up in a whole wheat pita, or a falafel wrap, etc... but I was wondering. Is there a healthier option, or a healthier brand of pitas that anyone knows about?

The ones I am eating now are 200 calories for one pita... that seems like a lot to me. Or is that normal, and still healthy?

Any help is appreciated!

I eat wholemeal breads, wraps and pittas and have been losing weight just fine. There are a lot of carbs in them and they seem like a lot of calories but in my opinion they keep me filled up and give me energy!
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Try Extreme Wellness tortillas. They're huge, and the Tomato Basil or Spinach only have 90 calories. Delicious as well!
  • Ranimalove
    Options
    Try Extreme Wellness tortillas. They're huge, and the Tomato Basil or Spinach only have 90 calories. Delicious as well!

Thanks for the suggestion! Sounds delicious.
  • ffargynnig
    ffargynnig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Arnold's Whole Wheat _100 cals a "pocket".
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Quinoa wraps are 90 calories each. I think the brand is La Feria del sabor.
    In my grocery store, they are in the latin food section, but not with the tortillas, for some reason.
  • squeakyfish
    squeakyfish Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Although not pita, flatouts make excellent wraps. Whole wheat ones are 100 calories each
  • kjbarone
    kjbarone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like the Orowheat Sandwich Thins. They're round like a pita or a bun and only 100 calories.