Make-Ahead Breakfasts (Recipe included!)

Options
2»

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    bump for future
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    :drinker:
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Bump cause I need all the help I can get in the mornings.

Love that all of these recipes are high protein! Great for those of us that workout in the mornings :D
  • Apinget
    Apinget Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love the convenience of popping breakfast in the microwave and going about my day. I will usually double a quiche recipe so the my boyfriend and I can both enjoy stress free meals.

+Crustless Spinach Artichoke Quiche (easy to double) (Makes about 6 servings without doubling)

Eggs 3
    Frozen spinach 6 Ounce, thawed
    Artichokes 14 Ounce
    Half and half 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Cream)
    Sour cream 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
    Cheese 4 Ounce (I Used Italian Blend)
    Parmesan 3 Tablespoon

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all ingredients (except parmesan) and pour into a pie plate. Top with parmesan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until done.

+Jalapeno Popper Bake

Ingredients

1 Jalapeño, thinly sliced
    5 eggs
    1/2 milk
    1 teaspoon seasoned salt (this is my favorite kind)
    1 cup cheese (I used shredded cheddar)
    1 cup bacon, cooked
    2 tablespoons cream cheese

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Start by whisking together the eggs, milk, seasoned salt, cheese and bacon. Pour this mixture into a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Pull of little chunks of cream cheese and place them around the top of the egg mixture. Do the same and place the jalapeño slices on the top as well.

Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes depending on how big of a baking dish you are using.

Remove from the oven and serve.

Both are filling, low in carbs, and contain tons of protein :)
    Enjoy!
  • Marianna05
    Marianna05 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas!
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bump, looks awsome
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • Kacie_88
    Kacie_88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump because this sounds epic. How much is a serving?
    I don't know exactly how much food it is, but it's definitely enough to keep me full till lunch. The total calories is about 415.
  • Kacie_88
    Options
    I take it one step easier and make scrambled eggs in a jar. Crack an egg into a glass canning jar (jelly jar size, 1 cup), and add a few drops of olive oil or a tablespoon of cottage cheese or leftover cooked veggies.

I take that to work and microwave it for 30-60 seconds, stopping halfway through to stir. It's moist and delicious and the easiest breakfast ever!

Whaaaat? I had no idea this was possible!
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Well this isn't really a 'make ahead' item, but I like to do a tupperware container with Greek (or traditional) yogurt and frozen berries, with a baggie of granola or cereal for some crunch. Its good for on-the-go because the frozen berries will thaw and keep the yogurt cold long enough to not have to worry about it going bad.
  • Kacie_88
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, guys! This week I'm trying some baked oatmeal, also from budgetbytes.com. She has a lot of baked oatmeal recipes that sound yummy, so if I like this I have some more options in my future. :smile:

This week I'll be eating Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal. http://www.budgetbytes.com/2012/08/blueberry-banana-baked-oatmeal/

I pretty much followed her recipe verbatim, except I used fresh blueberries instead of frozen. Here is the recipe and the basic nutrition, as calculated by MFP.

Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
    Serves 8

Ingredients
    1½ cups (3 med) mashed bananas
    2 large eggs
    ¼ cup white sugar
    ¾ tsp vanilla extract
    ½ tsp salt
    ¾ tsp baking powder
    2 cups milk
    2½ cups old fashioned oats
    8 ounces frozen blueberries

Instructions
    1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Mash the bananas in a measuring cup, starting with two or three and adding more until you have 1.5 cups of banana mash.

2. Combine the banana mash in the large bowl with the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine. Add the milk and whisk again until smooth.

3. Stir in the dry old-fashioned oats. Lastly, stir in the frozen blueberries (keeping them frozen and stirring them in last helps prevent the entire mix from turning purple). Spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with non-stick spray and then pour in the oat mixture.

4. Bake in the preheated 375 degree oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the center is no longer wet to the touch.

Notes: Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to eat. These oats can be quickly reheated in the microwave each morning for a quick, filling breakfast.

Calories: 212
    Carbs: 41
    Protein: 8
    Fat 3
    Fiber 4