Reached your goal weight and still look fat?

Options
13»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    And by the way, losing weight won't make you lose any muscle unless your net calories are lower than your BMR....
    So if you need to lose an awful lot of weight you can do that very easily eating at maintenance and learning how to eat for the rest of your life once for all...
    False. BMR has nothing to do with it. Lack of protein does.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    And by the way, losing weight won't make you lose any muscle unless your net calories are lower than your BMR....
    So if you need to lose an awful lot of weight you can do that very easily eating at maintenance and learning how to eat for the rest of your life once for all...
    False. BMR has nothing to do with it. Lack of protein does.

+1
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Losing weight, without some sort of resistance training, will, absolutely, result in a loss of lean body mass. The body will use muscle just as readily, if not more so, than fat while in an energy deficit. If you are not giving your body a reason to hang on to muscle during weight loss it WILL use muscle for energy...
  • Marymoe138
    Marymoe138 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am pretty close to my goal weight but I have started implementing a strength training regiment. I find that I am having to do less cardio than before and I am starting to see definition. To me, it is easier to implement before you reach your goal, especially if you have made it a habit all along. I also know that feeling good about myself would involve me working on my self esteem and knowing my self worth and value. This is something that I thought would go away with the weight loss but I have realized during this journey that working on my mental and emotional components along with my physical will give me what I need. I hope this will ensure that I will not return to where I was.