Im So Poor

Options
my main carb source is Top Ramen. when i have the money i put canned tuna and jalapenos in it. makes a pretty legit meal. anyone else on that poverty time?

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    my main carb source is Top Ramen. when i have the money i put canned tuna and jalapenos in it. makes a pretty legit meal. anyone else on that poverty time?

I eat oatmeal almost every morning for breakfast, we splurged and got eggs too. And a couple weeks ago it was a lot of hamburger soup, or beans lol. Being poor KIND of is a good thing when dieting, because you can't afford to binge
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options

Being poor KIND of is a good thing when dieting, because you can't afford to binge

i know that feel.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Pearled barley and hot dogs for dinner crew, checking in!
    Instant Rice + Soup Cubes > Ramen (cheaper too)
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    the granite countertop suggests otherwise.
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    the granite countertop suggests otherwise.

wot?
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    Pearled barley and hot dogs for dinner crew, checking in!
    Instant Rice + Soup Cubes > Ramen (cheaper too)

interdasting. 17 cents for ramen but i guess a big bag of rice would be cheaper in the long run
  • OatFloats
    OatFloats Posts: 119
    Options
    I eat my oats raw - it saves on electricity, naturally, and mixed with cheap dried fruits, it is a great low-glycemic source of carbs which won't send me cuckoo for cocoa puffs later in the day. Coco puffs are expensive, brah.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    interdasting. 17 cents for ramen but i guess a big bag of rice would be cheaper in the long run
    17 cents, really? Never seen it below 25.
    But yes, instant rice + cheap hot dogs + soup cubes allowed me to survive on a 20$/week food budget as a student (srs).
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm on a very tight budget right now until pay day, sucks! What seems to go the furthest is white rice, beans, and grilled cheese sandwiches. I seriously stock pile on white rice, maybe it's the Korean in me.
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    All I can afford to eat is dust bunnies and dryer lint.
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    17 cents, really? Never seen it below 25.
    But yes, instant rice + cheap hot dogs + soup cubes allowed me to survive on a 20$/week food budget as a student (srs).

mirin money saving skills. ya, theyre 18 cents at wal mart here. got some at another place for 17 cents the other day though
  • FoxBean
    Options
    All I can afford to eat is dust bunnies and dryer lint.

Yum! :laugh:
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    I'm on a very tight budget right now until pay day, sucks! What seems to go the furthest is white rice, beans, and grilled cheese sandwiches. I seriously stock pile on white rice, maybe it's the Korean in me.

bread and cheese? damn you rich.
  • FoxBean
    Options

and BUTTER too! But I am pretty sure you can not maintain a body like that off just ramen. :tongue:
  • fishnbrah
    Options

and BUTTER too! But I am pretty sure you can not maintain a body like that off just ramen. :tongue:

mmm butter, how i miss it so.
  • TrevNiel22
    Options
    im so poor..... I can't even pay for a steve nash gym membership....