What is the strangest food you love?

Options

Replies

• tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Fish balls.

It's actually not as bad as it sounds. It's beaten fileted white fish mixed with a little starch and sometimes egg whites to make a for a rubbery texture. It's similar to surimi (the imitation crab meat in California Rolls). Cuttlefish balls and squid balls are similar in texture. It's like a meatball. Serve boiled in soup, or grilled with a sauce drizzled on it. Good stuff.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    real Danish salted black licorice
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    beets apparently

Everybody else I know hates them.
    I hate them, but my parents love them!

I LOVE raw potatoes with salt or season salt. People always think that's really weird
    I also like green onions raw & with ranch to dip in. This one might not be that weird but I don't think I know anyone other than my mom who likes to eat green onions as a snack rather than as a garnish or addition to a recipe.

Edit because I remembered another - sunflower seeds. I especially like to eat them when I read. Most of my Harry Potter books have at least one sunflower seed shell stuck inside somewhere. As a snack during baseball season or something isn't that weird, but there are times when I eat bowls of them nightly. My mom is the same way & has sunflower seeds every night while she's watching her TV shows. When she quit smoking, she started eating sunflower seeds instead, so I think that's how that started in my family. My parents buy several pounds at a time from the bulk section at Winco & people are always commenting & asking about it, so I guess it must be pretty strange.
  • xmarykaterose
    xmarykaterose Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    sea salt.

Just plain sea salt. I know thats so weird and its more of a mineral versus a food, but I've caught myself mindlessly eating sea salt in front of the computer. Its so strange! My mom had super weird cravings (salt and sand. hahaha would you believe it) when she was pregnant with me so I guess she passed it on!
  • JulieGirl58
    JulieGirl58 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I really love yellow mustard. I can eat it on anything.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    :heart: Brussels Sprouts:heart:
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    dried cuttlefish/squid strips. yum.

DSCN4285.JPG

edit: I don't think this is that weird a snack but other people give me looks when I eat it, sooo...
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    Biltong - Good protein source and absolutely love it

pepper-biltong-per-100g-1379-p.jpg
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love Spaghettios. Whenever I'm sick, or have a couch potato day planned, Spagehttios are my go to food, straight from the can.

Oh my gosh, YES. Spaghettios are one of my favorite things. I LIVED on Spaghettios in college. I also like them unheated, straight from the can. What's even nastier is that I like the kind with the super fake hot dog in it the most!
  • HedgeHugs
    HedgeHugs Posts: 80
    Options
    Lettuce leaves with slices of arabic cheese on them with mustard and some thyme too...Yumm <3
  • marvybells
    Options
    I love Spaghettios. Whenever I'm sick, or have a couch potato day planned, Spagehttios are my go to food, straight from the can.

Oh my gosh, YES. Spaghettios are one of my favorite things. I LIVED on Spaghettios in college. I also like them unheated, straight from the can. What's even nastier is that I like the kind with the super fake hot dog in it the most!

i prefer beefaroni but i wouldn't turn down a bowl of spaghettios
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Goats eyeballs nice and creamy. Yum!:drinker:

You win.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. So good.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    beets apparently

Everybody else I know hates them.
    I hate them, but my parents love them!

I LOVE raw potatoes with salt or season salt. People always think that's really weird
    I also like green onions raw & with ranch to dip in. This one might not be that weird but I don't think I know anyone other than my mom who likes to eat green onions as a snack rather than as a garnish or addition to a recipe.

My sister and I like raw potatoes with salt, too. It's so crunchy!
  • NotFab40
    NotFab40 Posts: 13
    Options
    fried chicken gizzards
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Escargot
    Raw beef (carpaccio moreso than tartare)
    Blue steak
    Raw fish (sashimi)
    Grilled squid
    Sliced raw sweet potato
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Kangaroo, reindeer, rabbit......I don't think its strange but some people do!!! :smokin: :wink:
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Fertilized Chicken or Duck Eggs :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfKaQsSYanQ
  • 3P0X
    3P0X Posts: 302
    Options
    This is a sure way to lose interest in someone....
  • marvybells
    Options
    i used to eat plain old mayonnaise on bread all the time as a kid. i would also sometimes eat mayo off the spoon